I'm sort of a realism nut and I know CoD4 is more a run and gun type deal but I'm kinda wanting a new online FPS... how does it compare to BF2142 (my main run-n-gun shooter right now)?

Wouldn't really be buying it for the SP as I hear it's super short.
Get it. It's amazing.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
As for single player, COD4 is hell in the hardest mode. I think that it is 3 bullets in a short time, and you're dead.
Don't know about MP.
About multiplayer, if you're a tactical and realism kind of player, check "America's Army"
It's also free .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

CoD4 online is great. Single player is average though, and you've picked a bad time to get it. There used to be some 150,000 players at any given time. Now since GTA4 came out, there's barely 20,000 people playing at most, and that's split between all the game types so it's much harder now to find a good match up, let alone just finding people with a decent connection.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
CoD4 online is great. Single player is average though, and you've picked a bad time to get it. There used to be some 150,000 players at any given time. Now since GTA4 came out, there's barely 20,000 people playing at most, and that's split between all the game types so it's much harder now to find a good match up, let alone just finding people with a decent connection.

wtf gta4 isnt even on pc yet?
BF2142 a "run n gun" shooter? Oh man. You make metallicat happy.

CoD4 is such a change of pace from the BF franchise I dont know if you'll be able to keep up at first, but if you keep trying Im sure you'll get it and once you do its fun as hell. Im speaking of CoD4 Multiplayer on PC of course.
Quote by metallicat420
BF2142 a "run n gun" shooter? Oh man. You make metallicat happy.

CoD4 is such a change of pace from the BF franchise I dont know if you'll be able to keep up at first, but if you keep trying Im sure you'll get it and once you do its fun as hell. Im speaking of CoD4 Multiplayer on PC of course.

So I take it that it's faster than BF2142?
cod4 on the PC will blow your mind

if you like a bit of extra realism play on servers with hardcore mode enabled and you'll hit the floor nice and quick.

if you REALLY like realism, go play ARMA or operation flashpoint
CoD4 > BF2142 in every way possible.

In fact, CoD4 > ALL OTHER FPS GAMES EVAR in every way possible.

Point being, get it. It's amazing.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by WNxScythe
So I take it that it's faster than BF2142?

ask Spy23 lol, he's in WNx isn't he, or is it Warpig Im thinking of?
Quote by metallicat420
ask Spy23 lol, he's in WNx isn't he, or is it Warpig Im thinking of?

Haha that tag's ancient. I left WN like... 4 years ago?
I only know them from BF2 lol - De Sharqi server - Havok Hoar.

Anyway apples and oranges, get COD4 you wont be disappointed.