There are 340 tabs for Nobuo Uematsu on UG, but most of them are just imported MIDIs meaning they include flutes and pianos and whatnot. Where can I find good tabs that are arranged for one guitar? I'd like to play like this guy, but he makes his own arrangements and I don't have the patience for that.

One tab I'd like is the FF VII main theme
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
What I do is I open the midi tabs in Guitar Pro, and then I find the best thing to do is to knock everything back an octave (12 frets). Often with midi tabs you'll see things going up to fret 30 or something, and obviously that's no good for guitar. If you take everything back one octave it still sounds right and then it's actually playable. You can in theory take things back just half an octave or just by two frets or whatever of course, but I prefer to keep in the same key and do it 'properly'.

After that it's just a question of using your brain. If a paticular part of a tune is spread over two tracks then just try and work out a way of playing what's on both those tracks at the same time. This is often the case in FF music where there'll usually be a couple of piano tracks and often a flute making up the main tune. You've just got to learn to working out how to combine tracks.

Either that or you do just have to do like that guy does and work it all out from scratch by yourself. Those are your only two options really.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.