Im ****ing fed up with trying to connect to xbox live. I spent 2 ****ing hours trying to get on and still no success. I have a netgear router, im connecting an ethernet cable from there to my 360. When i try to connect it says that the IP test failed. I have searched for 2 hours online, tried what everyone said and still nothing. I think thats ****ing lame on xboxs part. Anyone ever have this problem? what did YOU do to fix it? For ****s sake all i want to do is play gta 4 online.
dude its so awesome online...
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
Quote by fafinaf
Im ****ing fed up with trying to connect to xbox live. I spent 2 ****ing hours trying to get on and still no success. I have a netgear router, im connecting an ethernet cable from there to my 360. When i try to connect it says that the IP test failed. I have searched for 2 hours online, tried what everyone said and still nothing. I think thats ****ing lame on xboxs part. Anyone ever have this problem? what did YOU do to fix it? For ****s sake all i want to do is play gta 4 online.

unplug the router
and wait 5 seconds

plug it back in

that should refresh your IP

and fix that problem

you now owe me a copy of GTA4

the irony
I appreciate your help but I already tried that. Thats like the first thing I did dude
Make sure ur using the right cable (i.e. not a crossover cable), then, as hightension said, turn the router on and off
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
It's white...

jk , Dunno, maybe the router has some built in Firewall making you unable to connect?
Sigs are overrated...
Honestly, for these things just go to an Xbox 360 forum. Seriously.

End of thread.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Thanks for ruining my 'end of thread'ing

I still think for this he'd be better off taking it to the 360 forums. If he's making his own thread and people don't know, odds are posting in the gaming thread won't help.

That being said,

POST IN THE GAMING THREAD FROM NOW ON!
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy