ok so heres the deal

i have an Epiphone SG custom , my first electric for a some time now , been playing alot and getting serious about it it

well unlucky me , i prefer LP's now just like the weight better and the sound of them

im thinking if i should just get an Epiphone les paul or should i wait a quite a bit longer and get myself a Gibson. how much of a difference would it make , only have tried a gibson a few times before not much

jsut looking for some other opinions
Quote by The Minorthreat
Just made account like 2 seconds ago and know what thread type to go to.

I smell Multi.

umm..what?

i reckon you should wait a bit and get a gibson. call me an elitist but i dont think an LP is an LP unless its a gibson
or maybe hes just looked around here before

shup april 08er noob

anyway

if you dig the lespaul tone go and try some out at a guitar shop

i wouldnt sell your epi, the customs are nice guitars

just have a look and see what you think of some gibsons/tokai's etc and possibly save up and get them
Quote by lefthandman9876
or maybe hes just looked around here before

shup april 08er noob

anyway

if you dig the lespaul tone go and try some out at a guitar shop

i wouldnt sell your epi, the customs are nice guitars

just have a look and see what you think of some gibsons/tokai's etc and possibly save up and get them

Grow up.
Quote by The Minorthreat
Grow up.

your the one with perma-bamed written above your avatar why dont you,

on topic with gibsons your be paying for the name as well so naturally there more expensive also cause of quality etc why not check out a prs double cut?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan

on topic with gibsons your be paying for the name as well so naturally there more expensive also cause of quality etc why not check out a prs double cut?

Those are even more expenisve. Granted, the decent ones are much better than Les Pauls, or any Gibson for that matter.

TS, go try out a whole load of different guitars, don't just think Gibson/Fender. Just because Page, Slash etc. use them, it doesn't make them good.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Those are even more expenisve. Granted, the decent ones are much better than Les Pauls, or any Gibson for that matter.

TS, go try out a whole load of different guitars, don't just think Gibson/Fender. Just because Page, Slash etc. use them, it doesn't make them good.

oh i thoght they were cheaper lool
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
oh i thoght they were cheaper lool

Some might be but not any that I've played
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Well, i rather u get a high end epi/tokai/edwards/orville/burny LP than a low end gibson.Dont get a gibson just 4 its brand
^ +1

Also, just to throw it out there, don't buy any gibson les pauls that are cheaper than the standard
Quote by Horlicks
^ +1

Also, just to throw it out there, don't buy any gibson les pauls that are cheaper than the standard

cheaper then the classic
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I'm gonna get a rash here but...the only major diff between an Epi LP Std and a Gibson LP Std is the finish, the electronics and the location where they are built. NEED nitro? Save for the Gibson. Okay with poly? Get an Epi LP Std and upgrade the electronics with Gibson products.
Depends on your patience and if you NEED it sooner or not.

If you can really wait for it, get yourself a nice Gibson Les Paul Classic which is in the middle of the really good Les Pauls, and the lower end Les Pauls.

If you can wait for it a bit, but not super long, a Gibson Les Paul Studio would do great.

If you can't wait but you want a Gibson, the Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany is a GREAT guitar for it's price. People will probably think it is crap because it is a low end model from Gibson for cheap, but it screams. I might be getting one myself, but not yet.

If you really can't wait, then get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, or Custom.
Quote by rancidryan

Seriously, it is a joke and how much people don't have bonned or something like that on their name? a lot.BTW, I have never seen someone with perma-banned on there name so I'm pretty sure that it does't exist. Try thinking.
Quote by SquierLolz
Epiphone elitist

/thread

+10
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Horlicks
^ +1

How about Les Paul Classic Antique?
http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/divisions/gibson%20usa/products/lespaul/lespaulclassicantique/

The specs look good but the black patch on the lower end of the neck (vintage sunburst) ruins it in my opinion, but then again thats just visual preference to the player and doesn't affect tone..well maybe it will for Eric Johnson...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at May 3, 2008,