Hello.
I am building a custom guitar with custom wiring and I'm trying to get as many sound from that piece of wood as possible. The guitar has 2 humbuckers. And to get as many sounds as possible I thought getting a multipole 5way switch for each of them and a 3 way switch to switch between the 2 pickups.. I know how to wire the 3way but how to I wire a humbucker to a 5way switch? Please help
how many conductors has it got? and a 5 way switch for each humbucker? i dont think thats gonna work try a 5 way for them and a coil tap like on this http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=3&data_id=1216&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=83

or just a 5 way like this http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=3&data_id=1202&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=77
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by marremarteng
Hello.
I am building a custom guitar with custom wiring and I'm trying to get as many sound from that piece of wood as possible. The guitar has 2 humbuckers. And to get as many sounds as possible I thought getting a multipole 5way switch for each of them and a 3 way switch to switch between the 2 pickups.. I know how to wire the 3way but how to I wire a humbucker to a 5way switch? Please help
Using a 5-way superswitch for each HB sounds like overkill to me.

You have a total of 6 possible choices for connecting the 2 coils of a HB. (or 2 pickups)

1 - North coil
2 - South coil
3 - Both coils in series
4 - Both coils in parallel
5 - Both coils in series and out of phase with each other
6 - Both coils in parallel and out of phase with each other

With a HB, the coils are very close to each other, so they both produce a similar sound because they are sensing a similar location on the string.
5 and 6 totally suck ass. Extremely weak, and not hum-canceling.
1 sounds almost identical to 2 on the neck pickup.
A little different from each other on the bridge.
So you have 3 useful sounds.

You'd probably be better off using the 5-way superswitch for the 2 pickups
and use a DPDT on-on-on switch for each HB.

For the pickups use choices 1 through 5.
and just substitute the words: Neck for North, Bridge for South, and pickup for coil.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.