Ok.. When I bend a string on the high E string, it seems to cut out.. I know its not my bending technique or whatever cuz i can bend any other string and high e strings on other guitars and not get this problem. Im guessing its something to do with the neck,
So how can i solve this problem?

EDIT - Its no so bad if I play in Standard.. but if i down tune it gets considerably worse, Also in drop C when I have to hold down the 17th Fret really hard to get a sound out of it...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
i have the same problem. its a matter of slowitng down what ur trying to learn and getting the bends good slowly first
I gave rock n' roll to you

Anti-thayer
are you sure not muffling the string at all with your picking hand...?
yup its a sig... yeaaah..
Its nothing to do with my technique.. I know that, cuz string bending was one of the first things i learnt.. and I can easily bend the strings on any other guitar.

I think i need to do something with my bridge but ye.. Once i get past the 12th fret and bend on my top E string.. once i bend it just cuts out and sounds like a cat being strangled.. its fine on any other string
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
raise the action on that string...if you have to go ridiculously high to sort the problem then you may need a fret dress.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You may be bending the string so far it is no longer over the pole piece of your pick-up. It should happen less using the bridge pick-up.
no its something wrong with the bridge i think, my guitar needs fixing in that way too. its not the pickups coz it happens when you aint playin through the amp too.

i should really get it fixed but i aint got no money!
It's not something "wrong" with the bridge as such, like I said raise the action.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I agree with Steven but I will also add that you might look down the neck and see if it is bowed one way or the other. If you see any bend at all you may need a truss rod adjustment.

Just a thought.

Chris
K cheers guys..
How do you raise the action on a tremolo system?
If theres a thread about it could someone post a link?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!