I've only been playing guitar for about a week.
The guitar I'm using is a squier strat.
The problem is that everytime I lift my fingers from one of the frets I get a buzzing sound, it seems this happens no matter how fast or how slow I move my fingers I still get that noise right as I release pressure on the strings.

Is this a technique problem and if so what should I do differently?
or is this a problem with the guitar?
I had a similair problem, sounds like an earth issue, try different leads, another amp, if all else fails id say maybe a lose wire within your guitar, (that was my prob anyway)
"When was the last time god played to 250,000 fans."(Noel Gallagher, Knebworth, 96)

Quote by Våd Hamster
Congratulations on your 2nd hand cancer

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/oasisrocks/

If you love Oasis, come on in and join...
it happens even when the guitar is not plugged in so its not the amp.
what can I do about earth issue / loose wire?
btw thanks for the fast replies.
hmm thats confusing now, if the guitar is not plugged in and u still hear this sound while playing this is ur technique of playing then,

Or are u talking about the amp still humms, even without the guitar, then that could just be ur lead
He's getting fret buzz as he lift his fingers up. Try muting the string before you lift your finger up.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm pretty sure the sound is comming from the strings vibrating against the frets the moment I lift my fingers from the fretboard
Sometimes your finger sticks slightly to the string when lifting off so you get an additional sound. I think its technqiue.
It's not an issue with your guitar, it's your technique. You have not yet developed your fingers enough to lift them off the strings quickly enough. It may help to finger notes closer to the fret (almost on top of the fret).
Quote by wildyoda2
It's not an issue with your guitar, it's your technique. You have not yet developed your fingers enough to lift them off the strings quickly enough. It may help to finger notes closer to the fret (almost on top of the fret).

I see, ok I will go practice I guess