Heres the thing. i dream every-single-night.

I always remember the dream.

Some of them are horrific, some of them really out of character, some of them just plain weird.

I was wondering if anyone else here on UG has alot/any dreams?

Last night i dreamt i got a call from a doctor, telling me i had to come see my cousin, because his heart was failing. I drive to the hospital only to find it deserted, bits of paper flying around and things knocked over. I look out one of the windows and see a crowd heading onto a train track, and for some reason - maybe for answers, i follow them.
They go through an underground passage, into a spotlit room where i see a doctor giving my cousin, chris, CPR. He dies in front of me as the doctor is unable to revive him.
He turns to me and says, "****, ive been at this for three hours, he's a ****ing dead man Franz, except it"

Then i wake up.

Ive been dreaming night after night for a year now. Am i the only one?
Quote by calvinthecanadi
I'm now an official Franzaholic.

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Woah, thats pretty screwed up. I only have a few dreams every so often, not that much really. You should write all your dreams down, its supposed to be theraputic...or so I've heard.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
I do, i have this whole book full of them. Some of them are just really twisted, stuff i wouldnt even write here. i spoke to a doctor about and he says it's to do with the fact "i don't sleep deeply enough, and i wake up too quick, leaving my mind no time to forget the dreams"

But it's weird. Ive never met anyone else like me. i'd sure like to.
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
did it? Cool. Wish i'd been around for that. i can occasionally control dreams.

Sometimes i can't wake up, even when i know i'm dreaming. I think theres a name for it somewhere but, mehh..
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
I don't usually remember my dreams, but recently over these holidays I've been remembering most of them, probably due to the fact I go to sleep at like 4-5am on holidays. I've written down most of them, but some of them I forgot after i got up properly. If you want to remember them you have to stay in the same position and think them again and again, in my case anyway.
Maybe you could take a sleeping pill to help you become a deeper sleeper?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
I have a recurring dream that I am on trial for killing someone. I get sentenced to death and as I wait in my cell, I hear people chanting my name exuberantly. They want me dead. I walk down a long hallway through a white door. It's so vivid..I can smell the antiseptic. Then I wake up crying.
"It's only after you've lost everything," Tyler says, "that you're free to do anything."
I heard that everybody dreams more than only once a night, but most times we can't remember when we wake up.
Some nights ago I had a reaaally nice dream, I could remember some details right after waking up, but half an hour later the only thing I could remember that it was about a girl I know.

I think it would be interesting to write down the dreams right after waking up, but I haven't got the time for it. xD

Cheers!
You might have some unresolved issues there...
There's a sight on dream interpretation on the interwebz if you want to have a slight idea what your dreams mean. I dunno if they're accurate or not, but hey its worth a try.

I rarely have dreams - And if I do, I don't usually remember much of them.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by Martindecorum
talking about dreams has happened before on this site and we all went into chat about how to control dreams and recurring dreams and all this wacked out stuff lol it got pretty intence

Hey Martindecorum, ahh the guy who made up stories for his dreams? Then lived the persons life, that's awesome.

It's called lucid dreaming btw.

Edit: Beaten to it, damn you.
Wow. Ive never had a good dream. they are all sick. or contorted. or they make no sense.
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Quote by screwup30
Maybe you could take a sleeping pill to help you become a deeper sleeper?

Don't do that, cos if you try to cut them out I heard it makes it really hard to sleep.
In the past few months, i have dreamt OVER 30 TIMES that i hang myself. Its really weird :S

I've had the weirdest dreams recently, mainly like you people say, are twisted, however mine are strangely realistic. Rather strange.

I tend not to worry tho haha
Lucid dreaming..

Hmm.
I dunno, alot of the time i dont think they mean anything. but once when i was younger, i dreamed of a baby being ran over. it was a horrible, horrible dream, i cried for hours. Mostly due to the fact that the dream featured me being in the car while it was happening. The driver panicked and kept reversing over it over and over...

i woke up and cried for about two hours, told my mum - she even cried.

It was weird because the next day my aunt had a miscarriage.

But the dreams i can't wake up from are the worst. i try to wake...but everytime i do something mental happens - my room is not quite right - theres people in my room, or im not in my room at all...
I get myself into a state of panic by the time i wake up to actual reality.
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Yeah I dream an awful lot well it may due to the fact i eat a lot of cheese befor ebed dreams are usually jsut mental diahorea they usually represent subconcious or conscious thoughts you have manifesting itself in visual and audio form at night
Long Live Rock
Quote by Regression
Don't do that, cos if you try to cut them out I heard it makes it really hard to sleep.

Tried em. I sleep deeper, but find it hard to wake up. I slip into "Lucid dreaming" or whatever you guys are calling it...
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Everyone have about 15 dreams every single night.
We forget them easily, but I'm not exactly sure why. I've heard of explanations such as Shadow Memory, but I'm not convinced

It's really not that hard to train yourself to remember most dreams vividly, though.
Some dream journaling, auto-suggestions and new habits oughta do it.

I think you can reveal the mental state of a person, just by looking at their dreams. They sometimes seem to serve as warning signs. Complete chaos in your dreams could manifest in your waking life later on. But I don't think any dream could predict the future.
Dreams are supposedly representations of the workings of your subconscious mind. A key to understanding your phsycy (sp?).

For a while I kept having a dream where I was trapped in a room, made of bricks with no door, no window. Just an empty room. No matter what I did, I couldn't get out. The feeling of entrapment sort of boiled over from what I was feeling in real life. I just think dreams are fascinating. I know I sound dorky but eh.
"It's only after you've lost everything," Tyler says, "that you're free to do anything."
I have the same dream every night. I hold his head under water until that last bubble goes......

bloop.

(scrubs ftw!)
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I have the same dream every night. I hold his head under water until that last bubble goes......

bloop.

(scrubs ftw!)

Lmao. Nice :P
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.