I just repainted my first guitar, my Squier Strat. The body is actually pretty good which is why I am putting a new pearl pickguard, a new neck and head. I just need advice on which pickups to get. My friend suggested Seymour Duncan Invaders, they have the perfect sound I'm looking for. Anything else similar to the Invaders? I like the punk sound.
DiMarzio X2N is pretty similar...but Invaders are better.
I have Invader in bridge position on my cheap squier strat.
It rocks!
Get it!
You won't regret it...

EDIT: I play punk too.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
If the "punk sound" consists of mud, then by all means get the Invader. There are many better options.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i have a squier strat and i recommend just getting a new guitar (not that squiers are bad, i love mine ) it will be worth it in the long run insted of customising your strat . im getting a gibson les paul studio soon.
or you could just get a multi effcts pedal ( i've got a korg ax300g) to change your sound.
but i've played a squire strar with an invader, don't worry it sounds good
almot anything?

what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
get a new amp, that's your (main) problem
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I hate my amp, what would be a good amp for my punk music, yet clean.
^ what country are you in? that'll affect prices and availability more than anything else...

do you have a rough budget?

what do you mean by "yet clean"? do you mean you want nice cleans as well as nice overdrive/distortion?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
exactly! and I live in Canada, Ontario to be exact. I'm a student so my budget isn't too good. Just about 400-500 bucks. I will look used though.
I'll take a look at those, however right now I'm still looking for a pickup. So any options for a nice pickup.

also can anyone tell me what model this is? my guitar is hot pink so this matches, but is this pickup garbage?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/PINK-DIMARZIO-HUMBUCKER-PICK-UP-MADE-IN-USA-USED_W0QQitemZ190218462245QQihZ009QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by TonyCork at May 3, 2008,
Custom Custom/Custom 5 is win.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Traynor YCV40 or YCV50 Blue. Look used. You'll find one - they're made in Canada, so there's bound to be plenty.

agreed.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Your amp is going to make a bigger difference. And you can't even decide what you're going to want to change about your tone and pickups until you get a better amp.

yeah, you need to see how you like the tone of the amp... if it's not got just enough distortion, you might need to go for a hotter pickup, but it might sound too modern for you, in which case you'd need to go for a lower output pickup. as azrael says, you can't really decide until you have the amp (at least, if you do, you're taking a big chance).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?