Okay so i've tried to work a little bit on scales now, and i can some simple scales etc etc. But there's one thing that keeps bothering me.

For Example a Minor Pentatonic scale, i can play the scale, i can use it to slightly improvise a little but it's kinda limited what i can do with it, because i don't understand how some people are able to move around the fretboard and keep doing the scale!
I allways end up standing on the same position playing the scale, i don't exactly know how to move on around the fretboard and still be able to play the scale without messing up. How do i learn and memorise this so it makes sense to me? I would love to be able to play around with scales.

Would be awesome if someone knew a lesson or could tell me what to do! Hope i didn't explain to bad.

-Ergin
The idea is to learn how to play the scale in as many octave as possible, using different areas of the neck to start.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Learn the notes on the fretboard and learn the scale itself. Currently what you've actually learned is just a section of the scale that happens to occur at one position. The E minor pentatonic scale, for example is just 5 notes, E G A B D , those notes appear multiple times all over the fretboard, so if you know the notes you can locate that scale all over the neck.

To get you started on the theory road read the Crusade articles in the columns section
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com