Page 1 of 2
I'm making this thread because yesterday I was asked to go see ironman with my friends. I didn't really want to go because I thought it would be dumb, but it turned out to be one of the most amazing movies i've ever seen. Easily the best superhero movie out there. Also about a week ago I decided to watch that movie "stuck on you" about the siamese twin brothers. I thought it would be totally dumb but it turned out to be a really, really funny movie.

Have you experienced anything like this?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Well, it does have robert dowie jr (or however it's spelt in it) and i'm told he's quite good...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
A relatively unknown film called "sideways" about 2 men that go on a wine tour of America. I thought it would suck major balls but it turned out to be really funny.
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
going to see iron man tonight based on what other people are saying lol I thought it would be **** but who knows!
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
I heard that 40 Days And Nights was a bit of a dire film, but then I watched it and it was actually quite a good laugh.

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by chickrawker
waynes world

You thought waynes world would suck? Shame, shame.

Anyways, I thought Mr Woodcock would be mega-stupid, but it actually had some comedic moments.
Quote by chickrawker
waynes world

Why would anybody think Wayne's World would suck!? BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
Quote by Jaysifer
A relatively unknown film called "sideways" about 2 men that go on a wine tour of America. I thought it would suck major balls but it turned out to be really funny.

I liked that movie too. However the entire movie kind of reminded me of "The Calendar Hung Itself" by Bright Eyes (The song, just so many bits tie up)

Hmmm...

The Holiday, I thought it would be **** (and I spose it was) but the sound track... omfg Zimmer is a GENIUS! Maestro nearly had me in tears with the overlaide violins... damn.

50 First Dates, I thought it would be silly and they were just looking for easy money (throwing Sandler and what's 'er face together) But yeah, was as good as the wedding singer in my opinion. Probably a better storyline even.

Christmas In Boston, called "Instant Message" in Australia. Was actually quite good... hmmm.

The only real ones I spose. Oh and for the opposites I have to say that Napoleon Dynamite is the ****test movie ever, how that won ANY awards I DON'T know...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
High School Musical
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Meet the Spartans.

/sarcasm
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Jaysifer

It was nominated for several Oscars a few years ago.

Unknown my ass.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
children of men
shoot em up
dawn of the dead remake
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by j-e-f-f-e-r-s
I heard that 40 Days And Nights was a bit of a dire film, but then I watched it and it was actually quite a good laugh.

That's odd, because that film doesn't even exist.

I though I Am Legend would like throbbing bellends, but it was pretty decent actually, cool story, Smith drove a cool Mustang, some good scenes of deserted New York, not in the league of 28 Days Later, though. I want to see the original with Charlton Heston, though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Apparently people didn't like 30 Days of Night, but I thought it was great. It was tense through most of the movie, and was pretty logical in terms of what a small group of people would do in such a situation.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Quote by benenov
going to see iron man tonight based on what other people are saying lol I thought it would be **** but who knows!

Me too. I hope.

But I thought The Forbidden Kingdom was gonna suck but it was acually pretty decent.
Iron man was good, but it could have used more fighting. I realise there's going to be sequels, but the suit needed to get more fighting in.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Quote by groll01
children of men
shoot em up
dawn of the dead remake

You thought children of men would suck?
Quote by Donaldguitar

For some reason, I had doubts about it, I thought it would be filled with pseudo-political and ethical dilemmas, then I got a recommendation from The Video Front (local rental) and I heard it was a British film, it turned out to be one of the best films I've ever seen.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

Oops. I have felt the thrusting limb of pwnage in my nether regions.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
No country for old men. (I guess it was called that in english?) It was better than I thought, even though the sheriff was really boring..
In the corner beside my window
There hangs a lonely photograph
There is no reason
I'd never notice a memory that could hold me back

Siis mitä häh?
The Dawn of the Dead remake because the original is a zombieclassic. But as it turned out I liked the remake better.
Quote by Donaldguitar

well i guess i didn't really think it would suck.... i just i hadn't heard of it before i hired it and i was pleasantly surprised
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Georgia Rule

I thought it was going to be a stupid ass movie but surprisingly when I saw it on cinemax I actually liked it.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by groll01
well i guess i didn't really think it would suck.... i just i hadn't heard of it before i hired it and i was pleasantly surprised

It was on TV today... I watched it... like 12 hours ago and don't remember it... hit me with a recollection moment please?
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I thought Iron Man was going to be another Superhero movie flop, but it was actually really entertaining.
Blades of Glory was hilarious
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Quote by sacchiel13
Apparently people didn't like 30 Days of Night, but I thought it was great. It was tense through most of the movie, and was pretty logical in terms of what a small group of people would do in such a situation.
That movie was atrocious.
Quote by Velvet Roses
No country for old men. (I guess it was called that in english?) It was better than I thought, even though the sheriff was really boring..
You thought No Country would suck? I thought it looked amazing and it was.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Sunshine was way better than I had expected. The trailers made it look like another Event Horizon/Alien mish-mash. But there was pleasantly little of that.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Sunshine was way better than I had expected. The trailers made it look like another Event Horizon/Alien mish-mash. But there was pleasantly little of that.

True dat. Sunshine was much better than I expected, Danny Boyle is turning out to be one of Britain's finest directors. Sunshine was also beatiful to watch as well, it was also on a pretty low budget for a film of such epicness - you have to agree, it was epic.

Reviving the sun, that is an epic conquest.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
umm Accepted anyone? not oscar-worthy by any account, but it was way better than i thought it would be.

EDIT: oh and teeth too. the one about the toothed vajayjay.
Accepted ftw

For the opposite end:
I saw the third RE movie...I was expecting something very good and got something very bad
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Page 1 of 2