Hi, I'm considering buying a new 7-string Ibanez electric guitar. What I need to know is what kind of distortion pedal would go well with it? I'm looking for something pretty heavy, the kind of stuff you hear In Flames using. I also want to know what kind of amp I should be looking for to handle said distortion, and still be giving me good tone. Thanks in advance.
well make sure you dont buy the metal zone, since it's incredibly thin and crappy sounding. the metal core's not bad though. i've also heard the electro-harmonix metal muff is not bad. and as far as amps, get a krankenstein and u wont have to worry about distortion pedals for the rest of your life
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
well make sure you dont buy the metal zone, since it's incredibly thin and crappy sounding. the metal core's not bad though. i've also heard the electro-harmonix metal muff is not bad. and as far as amps, get a krankenstein and u wont have to worry about distortion pedals for the rest of your life

First of all, you can't beat a Keeley modded Boss Metal Zone for a metal pedal. There is really no argument there. Try one if you haven't. I guarentee you'd keep it AND use it. I hate the Metal Muff and it sucked balls IMHO. Unless of course you're looking for that 80's Ratt sound. Then it's ok...METAL it is NOT.