I've bought Roland Cube 30X a week ago,and I am trying to find a nice lead metal tone (like Metallica,Megadeth,etc.).I would really appreciete any advise from more experienced Cube owners.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Uh on Rectifier try Bass 2 oclock, mid and treble 12 oclock and presence 2 oclock with a bit of reverb or delay try that
R-Fier is good from what i can recall
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
I have no presence,Cube 60 has it.
Current situation:
You'll be pleased to know I used to play my Cube-30x and really know how to work it

i would do this

bass - 7
mid - 1
treble - 10
Gain - All the way baby
delay on like half, or a little bit more depending on your taste

From my experience on the cube 30x, the treble sounded BEST all the way up, and delay adds a cool effect to long metal riffs. Also, generally for metal tones you "scoop" the mids, which means taking them down, to get a real edgy and sharp tone. Good luck

feel free to pm me if you need any more sounds out of your cube
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
Thanx,but I need a lead tone sound,not rythm.
Current situation:
Just in case you care, I had a Cube 60 for my first amp. If by chance, you are looking for a good metal tone, buy a Boss Metal Zone or Digitech Metal Master, and run it on the clean channel. You will get an absolutely crushing sound out of it. After I did that I never, well barely, used the R-fier setting again. Trust me on this. Try it out, buy the pedal if you don't like it, take it back. I swear you'll be glad you did...
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Just in case you care, I had a Cube 60 for my first amp. If by chance, you are looking for a good metal tone, buy a Boss Metal Zone or Digitech Metal Master, and run it on the clean channel. You will get an absolutely crushing sound out of it. After I did that I never, well barely, used the R-fier setting again. Trust me on this. Try it out, buy the pedal if you don't like it, take it back. I swear you'll be glad you did...

Are you speaking about rythm or lead sound?
Current situation:
Rythem, sorry, guess I should have said that. That's what I play...still, I'm sure you can get a good lead sound out of it too. Maybe you'd have to mess with the setting a bit to find your perfect tone...
Quote by TheEsupremacy

Well considering:

A) Both the Metal Zone and the Metal Master suck

and

B) Modeling amps don't accept pedals very well.

I'd advise against that route of action.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by Devilsguitarist
You'll be pleased to know I used to play my Cube-30x and really know how to work it

i would do this

You really, really don't.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Devilsguitarist
i would do this
[insert terrible EQ setting here]

Please don't do this. Especially for leads, you'll get lost in the mix with no mids. Those settings are pretty terrible for any amp.

R-fier
Bass: 3-5
Mids: 5-7
Treble: 4+ (adjust to your taste)

Try something like that for leads
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Do you use reverb for leads?Cause I find it enrichening my tone,so I use it nearly up to the max.
Current situation:
Quote by Megallica Dude
Do you use reverb for leads?Cause I find it enrichening my tone,so I use it nearly up to the max.

It is nice, but if you're using a lot of gain it can turn it into a big mess. Try using some light delay instead.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by SSL27
Well considering:

A) Both the Metal Zone and the Metal Master suck

and

B) Modeling amps don't accept pedals very well.

I'd advise against that route of action.

yup

those pedals are god horrible..
distortion from the cubes are way better.
i use bass 4 ,mid 5, treble 6 on mine , sounds good for pretty much everything, give good cleans also
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard