Very good. Good vocals, and nice guitar. I'd give it an 8/10.
The official Panamanian-Jamaican-Syrian-Canadian-American-Jew.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal
Is that you on the vocals? Either way, it's a great job. I'm enjoying this song. I hope to hear more from you. By the way, it gives me like a 'ballad' feel. Anyways, one way to improve this song would be to make the vocals a lot more dominant in the mix. I can barely hear it at times.

Crit mine, if you get the chance.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844412
ya, thats me on the vocals, and basically, i played all the instruments on the song. Thanks a lot for your comments!
Oo, this is my first time here in UG and its my 1st original track too...
Hope to hear more from you guyz!
I liked the intro emlodies. In fact, it would have been great if the guitar that follows (the one accompanying the vocals) were double tracked or chorused to give it 'more life'.
I like the tone of your voice, but it could have been better if you sang with more emotions, especially with the lyrical topic, which fits well with the ambient music.
The guitar solo could have been... better. Not the actual notes, but the way you play them. It feels rather lifeless.

As a general comment for the song, just put some more emotion into it. Give the song some life.

crit me if you can.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851055
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851791
Last edited by Guitar Monkey at May 4, 2008,
hey, thanks for your suggestion on my song "source of light", anyway, ...about that solo, ya i better change it, but about the "lifeless" thing, did u mean about my guitar tone or some other stuffs, if its referred to other stuffs, please notify! and sorry i'm totally newbie in these recordings, adding emotions is kinda "unknown" or rather confusing. Please specify, does it have 2 do with, my vocals, or whole instruments?
Quote by pranav
hey, thanks for your suggestion on my song "source of light", anyway, ...about that solo, ya i better change it, but about the "lifeless" thing, did u mean about my guitar tone or some other stuffs, if its referred to other stuffs, please notify! and sorry i'm totally newbie in these recordings, adding emotions is kinda "unknown" or rather confusing. Please specify, does it have 2 do with, my vocals, or whole instruments?

It's really tough to say how to convey emotions through a song.

For your vocals... think of an R'n'B singer. It may sound like girlish whining, but deep down it's the singer pouring there heart out by singing the song.

As for guitars, think of being a blues player. He'll incorparate some bends and vibrato to add a bit extra to the notes. Also, listening back to the track, adding a little extra distortion to the solo's wouldn't hurt too much. Just don't overuse it.
I didn't like it, personally.

its ok but please specify how i can improve it or why did u hate it?
Last edited by pranav at May 5, 2008,