Well theres a battle of the bands coming up on wednesday, so my band needs a song to play. We got an original song, but we wont get it down perfect for then, although if we get through first heat we can use it. Anyway we were thinking comfortably numb by floyd. Since we dont just wana be another metal or indie band. Anyway opinions and suggestions welcome
if you wanna do floyd, why don't you do Money? it's faster, it's got that extra edge near the end, and you can do a lot with it.
inb4icumblood.

/agree with Money actually. Awesome song.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
something nice and mellow like pink floyd?

how about 'hotel california'.
well i dont know what the judges are like so dont want something to unheard off, but something reconisable. But not just stupid pop, but on the other hand not just some shred ****. Im pretty decent player. But something simple to peice together, we got two guitars and drums at moment. And proberly singer.

Moneys got a fair bit of bass in. ALthough one of our guitar usually does bass fills. Anyway we dont mind heavier, just dont wana be another metal band. Wana stand out to normal judges, and normal people
try an anthem type of song something people know and one where u get some crowd involvement to stand out.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (EMG 81/85)
Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Behringer OD 100 Distortion/Overdrive
Beringher FX 600 Digital Multi FX
well i doubt theres going to be a big crowd. Proberly 20 max. Anyway what songs? Got two days of jamming to get the song down
Wolfmother. Easy, high energy, fun. =]

Woman or Tales would be ace choices. Joker And the Thief how ever got a bit old, as EVERYONE plays that. Tales would be different and interesting. Also, If you wan't a song to just jam to, Love Trains a good one.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I agree with the guy that said money
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
I judged a BoB down here a few months ago, and one of the categories judged was originality. One band played a few covers, and so points were docked. You might want to take that into consideration just in case they judge the same way.
How many songs do you get to perform? Just the one?
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
just one i think, and freebird is possibilty i mean i can pull the solo off, done it before. Wouldnt that just look like were showing off though
Quote by Varkunus
just one i think, and freebird is possibilty i mean i can pull the solo off, done it before. Wouldnt that just look like were showing off though

Exactly, showing off is what you WANT to do.
don't get too hooked up on guitar solos, focus on the vocalist and something he can do perfectly
Quote by seljer
don't get too hooked up on guitar solos, focus on the vocalist and something he can do perfectly

This is true. But if the singer is playing an instrument, freebird is a fairly easy song to sing and you don't have a singer standing around for 5 minutes doing nothing.
hhhhm would freebird look to egoistic though? ALthough i know when people heard our recording they were like WOW kinda thing
Last edited by Varkunus at May 3, 2008,
How would freebird look egotistical?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
i duno not from a guitar players point of view. Just saying. Anyway.. reckon that would be good?
Quote by Aramis
This is true. But if the singer is playing an instrument, freebird is a fairly easy song to sing and you don't have a singer standing around for 5 minutes doing nothing.

yeah, i understand, but what I'm saying is that if you do amazing vocals and a mediocre guitar solo it will be better than mediocre vocals and amazing guitar solos for that majority of the audience