The time has come! Yay

Im looking for a 7 string my budget is under 1000$. Right now I have an Ibanez RG370dx, I love this thing alot but I would like to get a 7 string with a skinner neck.

I tried the RG7321, the neck was too thick, So Im thinking about the Ibanez RG1527 Prestige.

Idk though, recommend me some 7 strings to try out next time i venture out of state to guitar center.
ibanez s-series have a 7 string, for a 7 string i would get a Carvin DC727 but i think those have thicker necks than the RG does, so probably not the best option for you
There wont be a great deal of difference in neck size between the 7321 and the 1527, but they are going to be the thinnest necks you can find, the S7320 is a little bit larger than the standard RG neck.....so you might be best off going for an RG7 of some description and learning to like the neck.
Im looking for something with a very thin neck, I tried my teachers guitar it was a ibanez jem something. He said it has the skinniest neck ibanez ever made.

It felt amazing, if only i can find a 7 string like that.
Probably the wizard II profile or something similar, the nearest you're going to find to that might be something like the ibby UV7BK or something, but that goes well over your budget, the RG1527 will prob be the best contender in terms of value and playability.
im having trouble finding a 7 string myself >.<
it needs to have floyd rose lockers and bridge
thin neck, 24 frets, neck through construction would be amazing.
A used RG7620 is your best bet.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
thanks alot guys, Ill be sure to try those out. Is there any other brand besides ibanez youd suggest.
For a thin neck......Ibanez is the main company to look into to be honest. ESP use a more C profile, along with Schecter......and there goes your main 7 string manufacturers.

Oh and there wasnt a production Satch 7 sig, it was a custom model he got made for a couple of songs. But yeah the RG7620 can be picked up quite cheap off the 'Bay nowadays...
^Not really. Most 7 strings arent too good.

However, I would definitely look into Agile. Theyve been coming up with some good 7 strings lately.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
**** yeah i forgot you were in the states, Agile is a major company to look into regarding 7's. Most of their models were designed in collab with SS.org, if i could get one over without being raped by customs then i would...
Jackson makes a 7 string dinky... I've never played it before but I've played regular dinkys and they are pretty nice. You might want to check it out.
Quote by RCalisto
im having trouble finding a 7 string myself >.<
it needs to have floyd rose lockers and bridge
thin neck, 24 frets, neck through construction would be amazing.

Agile makes one like that and you can contact costumer service if you want an OFR; more than likely it won't cost too much extra. Plus it's only $650 with the LFR (I think).

I don't know the thickness of the neck, but when I get a seven string (probably next summer or the summer after that lol) then I'll probably go the Agile route. You can't try them out before you buy them but I think you get like a week or two after you receive it to return it for a full refund. But that's something you'd have to ask the Agile thread.

Quote by ugmung

Damn you, you beat me to it But I think the one I mentioned just has a longer scale length, there are some other differences too. But it's pretty much the same thing.
All you need is the Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string.
EMGs, 24 frets, original FR, so it's pretty much the works.