Have been playing for a time now, got a buzzing from the guitar, a jackson kvx10 V, and have been thinking about fixing my current pickups but changed my mind and are now thinking about upgrading the pickups for better a tone/more crunch in my play.

I have searched the forum but never really got the answers I needed or couldn't make up my mind.

So, I got some things that I am looking for and those are:
1. Not to cheap but not to expensive, want some decent quality pickups
2. Looking for some passive ones, don't want to spend money on making room for the battery
3. hi-output since I play mostly thrash/speed metal, don't really care that much for how good the cleans are but I'm looking for good clarity and tone but still with some crunch from say early metallica/megadeth/iced earth.

These might not be the easiest requirements to follow but that's what I'm looking for.

Oh, and I use a Peavey Vk 212 with a Boss metal Zone MT-2 pedal, if anyone want's to know
Duncan Custom in the bridge, Jazz in the neck, throw away MT2.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It wasn't buzzing when I bought the guitar about 1 year ago but since I'm gonna change pickups, abit because the buzzing and most because I want better sound, they hopefully will do that for me
Quote by steven seagull
Duncan Custom in the bridge, Jazz in the neck, throw away MT2.

Listened alittle to the SD Jazz, did sound okey but they didn't play with enough distortion so I'll have a look at that one again later. but the Duncan Custom, did you have anyone in mind or am I just a little slow when I look at Sd website? there are 4-5 Duncan custom but is it the SH-5 you are refering to? Thanks for the quick respond

EDIT: oh, and do you have any better dist pedals in mind?
Last edited by groose at May 3, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Probably going to have to ask for it.

I also doubt it's something that just started. mkore likely, you're plugging into a different kind of outlet, or you're using more gain.

Well, now that you mention it, I think I started to notice it when I began playing with the guitar's volume knob on max but will look more into that when I change pickups, better shields etc
Last edited by groose at May 3, 2008,
I was thinking Jazz because it's a little tighter and more shred oriented, it'll probably suit those distorted metal sounds a little better than the more organic 59 or Pro 2.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com