So iv been playing for about 7 months and now im looking into buying a new amp...i have a few that iv been looking at...my budget if very very low...about $300 or less plz,

im trying to deside between a marshall mg50dmx or a line 6 II or II nothing above 50W, and nothing less than 15W my style is very heavy metal, thrash, and doom metal...most of my stuff is like: lamb of god, slipknot, ozzy, cannible corpse,pantera, sepultura, and solitude aeturnus ( peferably this one...i love the sound of the guitar ) I want somthing for some chug,chug,chug,chug, and i want one thats good for nice and clean slow songs...plz help!

o yah and I just need a good one to hear over the drums and for small gigs...not an outdoor consert!
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
before the bandwagon gets in here, you're going to get told:

(a) marshall mgs suck

and

(b) so do line 6 spider IIs.

I definitely agree with the mg comment, and unless you're only playing at extremely low volume (i.e. bedroom practice), so do spiders.

i'd take a look at a roland cube 60 (10 watts will make no difference, and it's solid state so you can just turn it down if it's too loud), or maybe a peavey valveking or randall rg50tc if you can stretch your budget a bit.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both of those amps are terrible.
Go for this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

Or this if you can save a little more, it will be better for your gigging needs:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thz but i already have a little 10W practise amp...its crap though
ಠ_ಠ

^^ sorry? i was referring to the part where you said a maximum of 50 watts. i meant that the roland cube 60 was 10 watts more than that, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you can have my marshall g215rcd (50w) for $150 if you pay to have it shipped to you ($50, maybe) 2x8 combo...
lol i think i'll live ok so 60 W's the new limit :P
ಠ_ಠ

^awsome i'll keep that in mind...yah just so you know i can get the marshall mg50dmx for $275 canadian
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
yah just so you know i can get the marshall mg50dmx for $275 canadian

That's because it sounds like arse.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
roland cube 60 is better than an MG, if you ask me.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tried to attach pics, but for some reason, it wont let me...(prolly cuz even the computer doesnt like mg's, lol)
i can email you pics, if you think youre interested...
Quote by Dave_Mc
roland cube 60 is better than an MG, if you ask me.

Both the 30/60 cube sound amazing for metal for their price. I used the 60 for a long time before replacing it. MUCH better than both the Line 6 and MG.
^ yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tango616
im trying to deside between a marshall mg50dmx or a line 6 II or II nothing above 50W, and nothing less than 15W my style is very heavy metal, thrash, and doom metal...

Your search for a good amp will be everlasting if all you're looking at is MG's and Spiders.

The Cube 60 is a good option, the Peavey Bandit is even better, IMHO. The Bandit's 80W, but in SS amps all that means is that you can get good tones out of the amp at decent volumes before it starts breaking up in a bad way.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
80W! that could kill a man, and or eat a babie...even with the drums I would only have it less that half...keep on suggesting though!
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
80W! that could kill a man, and or eat a babie...even with the drums I would only have it less that half...keep on suggesting though!

"...i got somethin to say...i killed your baby today...doesnt matter much to me as long as its dead.....
...i got somethin to say,...i raped your mother today...doesnt matter much to me, as long as she spreads......"

--"Last Caress", Misfits
misfits own^
ಠ_ಠ

OMG....

This is getting ridiculous! It's like the 10th spider/MG thread today!
Those amps ****ing suck for the last ****ing time!!! Isn't there a sticky on this stuff anyways??? AAARRRGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goddamnit!!! I'm going ****ing insane!!!!

I'm ok...really, I'm ok...

/rant

anyways....go with a Roland Cube or Vox AD series amp .
thz guys think i might go for one of the roland cubes!
ಠ_ಠ

vox valvetronix xl are sweet.do you just need this for bedroom playing?cause the pod xt is a nice choice for bedroom playing.
EDIT:nvm i read you need it for drums too.get the vox.
Quote by Tango616
thz guys think i might go for one of the roland cubes!

Vox!!! Get an AD series one, the AD50VT tried absolutley owned the Cube 60 (yes, I have experience with both).