Tonight, I am singing 2 songs at a gig, and it is my first time singing in front of a crowd. I am singing and playing "johnny B. Goode," and an original. I asked a friend of mine what his tips were, and he said don't sing too quietly or too loud, and just sing them the best you can, even if they suck. does anybody have tips for singing in front of crowds?
Picture everyone in their underwear, you'll feel less nervous.
Don't worry about the crowd, all you need to do is repeat what you did in rehearsals, and everything should be OK.
Try to keep yout throat wet by drinking room temperature water on stage, NOT cold water as when you're pushing your voice, a sudden hit of cold water can shock the vocal chords which can do damage while you're singing.
Vocal chords work by vibrating, if they are dry, these vibrations will cause them to chafe, so it's important to keep 'em wet or you'll get a very sore throat quite quickly.
Above all else, enjoy yourself!
Quote by messiah01
Tonight, I am singing 2 songs at a gig, and it is my first time singing in front of a crowd. I am singing and playing "johnny B. Goode," and an original. I asked a friend of mine what his tips were, and he said don't sing too quietly or too loud, and just sing them the best you can, even if they suck. does anybody have tips for singing in front of crowds?

Dude just imagine yourself as Michael J Fox in Back To The Future.