Disclaimer: I already posted this in the gaming thread yesterday, and nobody's replied to it, and I need an answer.

Any Battlefield 2 players here?

I have a technical question (it might be a little long):

I bought the deluxe edition, which comes with the regular game plus the special forces expansion. The online multiplayer worked fine in the regular version, but when I tried to play online on special forces, no servers would ever show up. I then discovered that it was likely that it was because I had an older version of the game? so I went to the EA website and downloaded the latest patch from one of the recommended sites and installed it. I tried to play online on special forces again and I still get no servers, and the main dedicated servers on the regular game now won't let me sign on because I "have an edited version of the game" so punkbuster keeps kicking me. I tried reinstalling the whole game and it didn't fix anything. any help?

yea I know that was a bit long, but it's a really cool game and now I can't play it

(if I get this fixed my username's "electrikal" by the way)
Quote by metaldud536
get a the lastest version of punkbuster

It says it updates itself, and it's both punkbuster and the server security that's kicking me, not just punkbuster.
Quote by badladoasis
Forget about it, buy cod4

I already have too many games, and really the main thing I like about bf2 is the helicopters, and cod doesn't even have vehicles right?
Wow that sounds weird. There may actually not be any Special Forces servers up, that expansion pack was pretty friggin lame. Did you get the 1.41 full client patch from BF2's main site? Thats the latest version of the game. I don't think Special Forces had any patches made for it.

Other than that I'd say get the latest version of PB like someone else said.
We're only strays.
Quote by samick007
It says it updates itself, and it's both punkbuster and the server security that's kicking me, not just punkbuster.

I already have too many games, and really the main thing I like about bf2 is the helicopters, and cod doesn't even have vehicles right?

I always had to update it myself.

And yea COD4 is a different style. Closer to CS.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Wow that sounds weird. There may actually not be any Special Forces servers up, that expansion pack was pretty friggin lame. Did you get the 1.41 full client patch from BF2's main site? Thats the latest version of the game. I don't think Special Forces had any patches made for it.

Other than that I'd say get the latest version of PB like someone else said.

In special forces, when I turn off the "same version only" filter, then hundreds of servers pop up, but I can't play on any of them cause I have an older version.

Edit: ok I think I found the right update now, thanks for the help (the patch I got before was from the special forces section of the website, and it was an older one)
Last edited by samick007 at May 3, 2008,
Here's what you gotta do:
-Uninstall everything
-Reinstall BF2
-Install Patch
-Install SF
-Install Patch
-Install Euro Force
-Install Patch
-Install Armored Fury
-Install Patch

I know it's a bitch, but it's the only way it's gonna work... -_-'
Quote by samick007
In special forces, when I turn off the "same version only" filter, then hundreds of servers pop up, but I can't play on any of them cause I have an older version.

Edit: ok I think I found the right update now, thanks for the help (the patch I got before was from the special forces section of the website, and it was an older one)

Yeah you just need to get your BF2 version up to 1.41. And like I said, I don't even think there are Special Forces servers running anymore.
We're only strays.
Quote by Freddedonna
Here's what you gotta do:
-Uninstall everything
-Reinstall BF2
-Install Patch
-Install SF
-Install Patch
-Install Euro Force
-Install Patch
-Install Armored Fury
-Install Patch

I know it's a bitch, but it's the only way it's gonna work... -_-'

it's the deluxe edition, so it installs bf2 and special forces at the same time from 1 cd, and I don't have euro or armored fury, but I think I found the right patch this time anyway. thanks