This is the first time I've had a guitar which has a bridge that is suitable for a whammy bar, and I've noticed that when I bend more than one string, the other strings kinda go out of tune, but once I stop bending it goes back to normal tuning, this happens on my mates' iBanez, I take it this is normal correct?
''Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.''

My Equipment =

Fender 2008 American Standard Stratocaster
Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
Don't know, I think it shouldn't.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
really? :S

My Equipment =

Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
It was just the first thought I had about it. I don't know more than you do.

maybe cause your bridge is setup for floating and it happens like on a double locking bridge, probably like your friends ibanez.

If you want it to stop and which will make it dive only: take the back cover off and screw the 2 screws inside so the bridge rests on the body and wont pull up from a bend and then retune.
Quote by HomerSGR
Don't know, I think it shouldn't.

Wrong. Don't worry about it, all strat bridges do this. But this can be solved by adding a hipshot tremsetter.

UGLY EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jvl0fLOzwi8 Watch that video, some people don't wanna drill a tiny hole in their guitars but it's worth it. And if a pro does it then there's no risk at all.
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at May 3, 2008,
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Wrong. Don't worry about it, all strat bridges do this. But this can be solved by adding a hipshot tremsetter.

Oh, I guess I just haven't noticed that when I've played Strats. Maybe it's because I don't bend more than one string at a time.

Quote by cruc1a7
maybe cause your bridge is setup for floating and it happens like on a double locking bridge, probably like your friends ibanez.

If you want it to stop and which will make it dive only: take the back cover off and screw the 2 screws inside so the bridge rests on the body and wont pull up from a bend and then retune.

+1

more springs would probably work too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thank god :L I got worried for a sec, thanks for the comments

My Equipment =

Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30