I am basing my experience off of my Spider II 30w and am going to say no. The clean tones I actually kind of liked and some ofthe effects were okay, but after a while, the "insane" tone getsw on my nerves because it sounds too digital.
in a word: no.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Don't waste your money on a 150 watt Spider. The Line 6 Flextone series is way better and can be miked if necessary.
Not much point asking for an opinion on a spider around here, everybody seems to hate them. Personally I like mine, but it's what you like not what I like so stuff what people say and go try one. If you like it then get it, if you don't then get something else.

My spider 2 has held up fine at gigs.
you probably play a lot of pop rock like Paramore or maybe some deathcore maybe?
thats why it sounded good to you.

150w is more than plenty to gig with, for any SS amp. you're not going to go up to 10 on that thing.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Bad: Yes
Good tone at 10: Nope
Gigs: Nope

Get something with tubes in it...
Unless you get like a jazz chorus or a vetta/flextone or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
get the cheaper model or a decent tube amp. NEVER GIG WITH A SPIDER III!!!!!! ONLY FOR PRACTICE!
just no, dont go digital.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by !!ANGUS!!
How is it?

Crap.
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
Good tone at 10?

Nope.
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
Good for gigs?

Nope.

That's it in short. But of course you would know all this if you had used the search function
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i have the halfstack.

i'm not really blown away by the tone, but i don't hate it. i'm goin tube soon, and if possible, i'd suggest you do the same. It's giggable, and decent, but again, don't expect to sound to great.

it's nice cuz its basically set up to do a decent job at anything you want, it can do a passable clean (imho), it's pretty good with hi gain, and some crunchy stuff in between, the fx are again, passable, and it has a noise gate.

idk, just play it and decide for yourself.
Just so you know I tried the search bar and nothing useful came up.

And name some that are close to $565
They are great amps for practicing, but that's about it. They were pretty much made as practice amps.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!