Hey,

I got my POD XT LIVE today and its awsome man, but im really bad with putting tones together etc.

Ive had a look around the Custom-Tone site on LINE6 and got a few that were ok but not great...

Can someone please direct me to some good ones or even one they have that they are willing to share with me to help me out on getting used to tones etc.

I need metal type tones.. I play BFMV, Avenged Sevenfold etc...

Also, a guy on YouTube "KillrBuckeye" (http://killrbuckeye.no-ip.org/index_files/page0006.htm) is good and uses a pod, he also put his pod settings on his site but its only compatible with POD 2.0. Is there anyway to convert it to work with LIVE?

Thanks and hopefully someone can help me out of this n00bish patch.

POD XT Live should get way better tones then POD 2.0 and that killrbuckeyes tones suck.. been listening to his stuff since I read this.

why would you seriously want them?

flattest, thinnest tones ever..
but that's a POD for ya.

I have a 2.0 and it sucks ridiculously.. don't see how the xt would be such a huge upgrade even though it is said to be..

get better tones off of this little microcube..
only thing I find decent are the rhythm tones.. like for 5ths..
but for playing lead stuff high notes are so flat, thin, and digital it sucks..

lol but enough of my ranting.. just keep trying the website..
maybe you'll find one someday.
just when you don't keep reminding yourself your playing on a pod.
...... ok

Everytime I put a post on here about something it gets flamed lol..

Anyways thanks for the input but does anyone who likes POD have any good ideas?
lol

seriously, though it's so flat when it comes to high notes, they're alright for digital.

but here try this..
I've heard you can get this one guys tone on it but I don't believe it because I hate my POD 2.0 so much..
but if the XT Live can really get this tone I'm buying it:
try these settings:

--------
Amp
--------
Model: Treadplate Dual

Drive - 60%
Bass - 45%
Mid - 70%
Treb - 60%
Pres - 40%
Vol - 45%

Cab: 4x12 Treadplate
Mic: On Axis
Room: 30%

-------------
Compressor
-------------
Comp
Thres: -18dB
Gain: 6dB

Gate
Thres: -65dB
Decay: 6%

-------------
Equalizer
-------------
Band 1
Gain: +0.2
Freq: 360

Band 2
Gain: +7.6
Freq: 1.5K

Band 3
Gain: +4.6
Freq: 2.6K

Band 4
Gain: +1.6
Freq: 5.0K

-------------
Stomp
-------------
Model: Classic Dist

Drive: 68%
Gain: 45%
Tone: 50%

-------------
Delay
-------------
Model: Digital Delay

Time: 350ms
FDBK: 20%
Mix: 35%

Bass: 50%
Treb: 50%
Config: Post

------------
Reverb
------------
Model: Medium Hall
Decay: 70%
Mix: 70%

Tone: 50%
Pre: 50%
Config: Post

if it sounds really good do you think you could record it and upload it or something?
because if you can really get this certain tone off it with those settings then I'm definatley buying one.. I just didn't want to because I hate my POD 2.0 so much so I didn't want to trust another one. (like I stated lol)

edit: although this tone will sound best direct I assume.. not sure what it'll be like through an amp unless you have a good bypass on it and is solidstate.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at May 3, 2008,
lol, i just tried that tone on my pod xt.. and it sounds like absolute crud. I'd record it but this isn't my music comp.

anyway, i do have a pod xt and it can do just about anything i want. (which means it can sound like real ****, or if you have patience, can sound really good.)

if i can ever get my line6 edit program running (doesn't start up for some reason..) i'll send you my patch to try out
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I just tried it and its ****, dull and bland...
(not sayin ur tone is **** it just sounds ****)

Please m8 get your Edit running and send me your .L6T files that be good man...
quick question, do you have the metal shop pack rowan?

i don't remember if the XT live comes with it pre-installed or not.. that may be the HD-147
@Kivarenna82

No I think its just got the Junkie Pack or something like that (just got it today but im sure it came pre-installed with that.

@Technicolor

Cool, well keeping in mind im looking for a metal tone and that just seemed really quiestish and bland...
Well im no expert only been playing a little while... but it did sound pretty jazz like in a sence. Dull but maybe thats because I was thinking of a metal tone.
techi, the tone sounded sort of like a gritty blues.. but a little lo-fi.. pretty awful to be honest tho.

rowan, still working on getting line6 edit to work
@Kiv

Whats the problem im a computer geek! Also m8 I had a problem with mine today and all I had to do was uninstall all the JAVA stuff from Add/Remove Programs, then download JAVA 5 and install that and it works perfect...

If thats not the problem let me know and I can help, its the least I can do.

@Tech

From what I heard to the video, no... but get someone who has been playing guitar a bit better/longer to answer...
hey row! i got it to work! i have the patch saved to my desktop. do you want me to send it to your e-mail?
Quote by .Rowan
@Kiv

Whats the problem im a computer geek! Also m8 I had a problem with mine today and all I had to do was uninstall all the JAVA stuff from Add/Remove Programs, then download JAVA 5 and install that and it works perfect...

If thats not the problem let me know and I can help, its the least I can do.

@Tech

From what I heard to the video, no... but get someone who has been playing guitar a bit better/longer to answer...

m'kay, might be because he plays on a strat
Quote by TechnicolorType
POD XT Live should get way better tones then POD 2.0 and that killrbuckeyes tones suck.. been listening to his stuff since I read this.
Oh.... You again? I will agree that the tone in my early videos does suck (most of my BFMV covers and "Like Light to Flies" cover), because I was not using the speaker cabinet emulation on the POD. However, I think the tone in most of my recent videos (All That Remains, The Human Abstract, "Master of Puppets") is very good for both rhythm and lead. You've made it clear that you think the POD sucks. That's nice, but how does that help the OP? He likes the tone in my videos, hence the reason he is trying to replicate them with his POD XT. Your opinion adds nothing to this thread.

To the OP: I'm not sure if it's possible to convert a POD 2.0 tone to the POD XT. My suggestion is to use the Treadplate amp model with a lot of drive and try different speaker cabinet models until you get the sound you want. Those speaker cabinet models can make a HUGE difference in the sound. Also, how are you using your POD, i.e. through an amp or direct through a computer? If you're playing through an amp, all bets are off, because you're never going to completely neutralize the tone shaping characteristics of that amp. The only way you'll be able to duplicate my tones is to play direct (through headphones, through computer speakers, through a home stereo, etc.).
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall 8100 "Valvestate" Head
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Please check out my guitar cover videos on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/killrbuckeye
Last edited by KillrBuckeye at Jun 25, 2008,
dude, i didn't know killrbuckeye was on UG!?
you're a beast man. haha.

but yeah, to techni. you've been bitching a lot in this thread. if he likes the sound of POD's then so be it. a lot of people use them and most of them love it, if you don't like yours you can say it a few times, but don't take it overboard. I personally love the sound of POD's but don't have the cash to get one.

also, try not to hijack the thread to get people to see if your tone sounds like Canon Rock, because that's not metal, and it's not what the TS wants.

TS, i have a Toneport and i can get some okay tones out of it. i've gotten some decent tones with the Spinal Puppet with (I want to say Greenbacks, i'm not completely sure.) with the Screamer stomp just for a little boost, a little. the Spinal Puppet already has to nice gain to it. some compression, noise gate, and EQ the hell out of it. You could also try the Treadplate, but i always find it a little muddy when i use it.

sorry i'm not much of a help but i haven't quite used my Toneport for that kind of stuff.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I think u can use line 6 edit or something.. Well im really not sure.

Well l love the tone of KillrBuckeye and i got something very similar.

check my profile for lead tone and i can send you my 'metalcore' patch ( sound like is Six cover.)

Btw KillrBuckeye ur a beast haha
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK