Page 1 of 4
Why is everybody such a slash fanboy? It seems to me there have been a ton of little slash fanboys where i live in the past few months. anyone else have this problem?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Who cares? Life moves on.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Cause Slash > You
Get over it
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
because of AwesomePossum5.

Also, no one really gives a fuck.
He isn't all that he's hyped up to be anyways.
thank u TS i hate these new slash fans. they don't listen to reasoning. they all thing he is the greatest guitar player ever, which he is not. he is not as talented as alot of guitar players. anyone can put on a top hat, light a cig and over bend a note.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
We get it he's good. But the TS is right, everyone is out to give him sexual favors.
D:
Signature.
I think you have already noticed that you made an anti-slash thread in the Slash-fanboy nest(UG)...rest in piece brother
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
You could say this about almost any guitarist in a popular band.
<Han> I love Hitler
Yes, he's good. No he's not god at the guitar, but look at the progress he's made throught his life, then tell me he doesn't deserve fanboys.
He's had waaaaay more sex that you'll ever have with waaaay hotter chicks. Plus hes been part of some legendary tunes. Some people are bound to like him.

Hey could be worse right? You could have a bunch of people worshipping some false idol they made up, and turn up at your house trying to convert you.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
It's cause Slash is just so damn cool. A lot of people like him more for his style and personality than his guitar playing.
Because he's more talented than the average guitarist (but still not THAT talented), he has a pose/image, and he covertly exploits his own image.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
I like Cut more than Slash

I got 99 problems and they all bitches
I won't say that he's the best in terms of skill. But he is a good guitar player because he has solos that sound good, and he knows how to play guitar. He might not be comparable to Satch or Vai, but not everybody really cares how fast somebody can play. Kind like me. I like Slash. But I'm not one of those people that idolizes just one guitar player, either. People that just idolize one guitarist don't really get out much, and are closed-minded.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by MacAdam
thank u TS i hate these new slash fans. they don't listen to reasoning. they all thing he is the greatest guitar player ever, which he is not. he is not as talented as alot of guitar players. anyone can put on a top hat, light a cig and over bend a note.

Anyone can do it but he's the only one that can pull it off. He may not be the best but at least the man's got style.
Why is everyone so jealous of Slash I mean he's good I'm a fanboy I admit it but have you realised how pathetic this thread is your complaining about people liking Slash. Get a life. and I'm not one of the narrow minded ones I don't think he's best He's just my favourite.
GnR Rocks Slash Is The Shiznit, Anyone Who Disagrees Is Mentally Hilarious.
Because he's a ****ing legend who has written some really good leads, that's why. A lot of the hype is on the image too, Izzy Stradlin also would get the attention he deserved if he'd have a more "outstanding" image/personality. But music is a lot about looks... Sadly...
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Slash>Jesus
Why is everyone so jealous of Slash I mean he's good I'm a fanboy I admit it but have you realised how pathetic this thread is your complaining about people liking Slash. Get a life. and I'm not one of the narrow minded ones I don't think he's best He's just my favourite.

I'm also kind of a slash-fanboy(as the name could suggest), but there are many other good guitarists too. There are much worse topics for a thread imo.
In the corner beside my window
There hangs a lonely photograph
There is no reason
I'd never notice a memory that could hold me back

Siis mitä häh?
Quote by WangmasterHizzl
He's had waaaaay more sex that you'll ever have with waaaay hotter chicks.

100% Irrelevant

Quote by Rocking-Rob
I like Cut more than Slash

Normal type moves ftl
I don't get why so many seem to JUST like Slash. There are kids here who wear Slash shirts. Not Guns and Roses or Velvet Revolver, I see that as fine. But everyone owns a copy of his biography and owns multiple shirts idolizing just slash.
D:
Signature.
Personal preference. Why do you care? Just shut up and let them like who they like. The only annoying thing about Slash fanboys, are people like you who come to start control freaking them about who's better in your eyes.
Quote by fob12
Personal preference. Why do you care? Just shut up and let them like who they like. The only annoying thing about Slash fanboys, are people like you who come to start control freaking them about who's better in your eyes.

HUGE +1. Someone talking sense in The Pit? You must be lost.

Quote by soundgarden19
Why is everybody such a slash fanboy? It seems to me there have been a ton of little slash fanboys where i live in the past few months. anyone else have this problem?

This whole thread is pathetic. Why do you care about Slash fanboys? I don't have the problem, only five people I know even know who the hell he is. Let people like who they want. Slash is my favourite guitarist. Go on. Brainwash me.
My friend read his book, and now he's like an ultimate fan. He's an annoying prick sometimes.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Slash is a great player, no doubt about it. Not necassarily the best, but that doesn't mean he can't be great.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
As a guitar player he (compared to the guitarists I listen to) can't play for ****.

But his whole image and style is very kewl........................or not.
I don't mind as long as they can name a song he played guitar on other than Sweet Child or Welcome To The Jungle
slash is awesome. come up with licks and have chops like him and then talk smack.

wankster.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
yeah he is a great guitarist and Mr. Brownstone is one of my favorite riffs, but i'm getting pretty sick of all the 11 year old fanboys who only know sweet child.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
yeah I admit he is my fav but I know that he's not really that great, but he has enough of everything the skills and the look, the top hat and smoking all while playing Yeah he looks pretty cool when he plays
Page 1 of 4