It's that time of year again! While the Canadiens, Flyers, Penguins, Rangers, Red Wings, Sharks and Stars continue to fight for spots in the conference finals (Or in Detroit's case, they've already locked up a spot...), there's a whole other championship going on in Canada, for the first time ever.

GO CANADA!

Medal predictions:

Gold: Canada
Silver: Russia
Bronze: Finland

I love the power rankings in the WC's...for example, Norway's...

11. NORWAY
Do they listen to a-ha or Dimmu Borgir in the dressing room?

and France's...

16. FRANCE
Unfortunately, founding Quebec City 400 years ago doesn’t count in the standings

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship/home/power-rankings.html
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Everyone knows it's going to be Canada, seeing as we have Staal, Doan, Jovanaski, Heatly, Spezza etc.

The only way Russia would stand a chance is if the Pens lost out in the first round and Malkin was there. Ovechkin isn't enough to win, however, I say switch out Finland.

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Russia
4. Finland

PS. I got my jersey out and everything.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Let's just say that i hope Finland gets gold but as long as Finland gets a medal i'm happy
GEAR

Ibanez sr506
Yamaha RBX170
Squier strat...
Hughes&Kettner Basskick BK300

Quote by ChemicalFire
Where's my lynching bat?
Quote by Colgate Total
The only way Russia would stand a chance is if the Pens lost out in the first round and Malkin was there. Ovechkin isn't enough to win, however, I say switch out Finland.

Um, Ilya Kovalchuk? Alex Semin?
1. Canada
2. Finland
3. Czech Republic.

I just can't see the russkis doing anything.

EDIT: How come Brodeur isn't on the roster? The Devils are out and Canada would be muppets not to take him, even as a back up goalie.

Also, anybody watching the game now? Finland are up 1-0 against Germany.
Last edited by blynd_snyper at May 3, 2008,
Brodeur isn't on the roster cus he haven't recovered mentaly yet cus of Avery
Wow. Norway is playing a fantastic game. I actually kinda want Norway to beat Canada. It would do AMAZING things for hockey in that country, and being of Norwegian heritage, that is something I would love to see.
I don't watch hockey at all really.. But since Norway is pwning, and I'm Norwegian, I am quite intrigued....

Shame they lost against Canada... It would have been hot. It was still a huge achievement for Norway though.

EDIT: It's funny when the Canadians try to pronounce the names of the Norwegians... They are sooo off
So, anybody been following the tournament? Got any predictions for the Canadian Finish game tonight? Will Canada win or will they win?

I'm really excited, I'm sitting here in my Canada jersey waiting, there's one hour left 'til the puck is dropped.

Also, the Russki Swiss game isn't turning out too great is it? 4-0. I thought the Swiss would put up a bit of a game, what with them managing to beat Sweden and all.