Anyone here listen to No Wave?

I love Teenage Jesus and the Jerks. Although I can't stand Lydia Lunch.
Contortions, Suicide, and early Sonic Youth are amazing as well.

thoughts?
Scratch Acid and Jesus Lizard are good, too.
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
Quote by GuitaPlaya
No wave is pretty cool, I like the bands that were influenced by No Wave more than the actual No Wave bands though. The Butthole Surfers kick ass.

Yeah, Butthole Surfers are great.

iTunes has a Scratch Acid compilation, check it out.
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
I made a thread on the Contortions a while ago; I love 'em! I haven't gotten too deep into no wave otherwise, though I'd really like to. But gawd, James Chance. Rarr.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Doolittle
Suicide are a great group, real influential

Ohhhh, I love Suicide.

The band, of course.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I've never been able to listen to it. I watched part of a documentary on either Sundance or IFC that had Teenage Jesus and the Jerks and some other groups, and I respect the statement they're making artistically, but I can't stand the style.
Quote by opivy21
I've never been able to listen to it. I watched part of a documentary on either Sundance or IFC that had Teenage Jesus and the Jerks and some other groups, and I respect the statement they're making artistically, but I can't stand the style.

I saw that documentary too, it was interesting.
Ok, don't flame me but I'm not really clear on what No-Wave is. I've heard the Contortions and they were great, is it connected to post-punk?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Not Hardcore Enough For Me!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Suicide are just damn great. I agree with the person who dislikes Lydia Lunch; she was a bit too forced and scene for me. I remember seeing Model Citizens a few times; they were a fun No Wave band.

And I just love Sonic Youth--I still think that Thurston Moore plays the best sonic guitar. Kim Gordon is just one of my idols overall.
I've never really liked Kim's playing style but I'm a big SY fan, hence avatar

Last edited by Doolittle at May 3, 2008,
Quote by StreetLight3989
Ok, don't flame me but I'm not really clear on what No-Wave is. I've heard the Contortions and they were great, is it connected to post-punk?

yeah. What makes No-Wave No-Wave?
Quote by Jett Diamond
I made a thread on the Contortions a while ago; I love 'em! I haven't gotten too deep into no wave otherwise, though I'd really like to. But gawd, James Chance. Rarr.

Right.....you turned me into the Contortions, they are really good, though the other No Wave bands wikipedia mentions are crap
^Yeah, I'm having trouble finding other No Wave bands, which is really disappointing to me, because it sounds like the perfect
I think someone should compile a list of the best No Wave shit. I do need to check out Sonic Youth though.
DOWN&OUT
yeah don't go there. They have a lot of albums, so just remember, the older, the better!

check out the albums 'Sister' and 'EVOL'

I still don't know what no wave is , although I do have a few Sonic Youth albums.
Thanks !
Just check out Teenage Jesus, Suicide, Contortions, DNA, Mars, Theoretical Girls, Swans, and early Sonic Youth. You'll pretty much figure out what it is after hearing it.

Sonic Youth has been my favorite band overall for years. I love their sound. Both early and new.
Evol, Sister, and Daydream Nation were there best albums in most people's opinions... I think.

They're my favorites at least.
Daydream Nation is my favorite that I have, but I only have that and Goo.