OK so i've decided to finally clean my electric Jackson Performer PS4, but i need some help. I don't have 0000 steel wool, and my fretboard doesn't feel good. It's rosewood, nice but very slow. What should i use to clean it (and if they say lemon oil can i make that) As for the body it's not that bad and would some general wood polish work? my mom has some wood polish, buts it not guitar specific. would that work for the body or fretboard? Also i would like to speed up the neck so what do i need to get for that, thanks!

EDIT: Ok so i just found wht we have in the house. One is called Pronto by Johnson Wax and it contains: Microcrystalin wax, parafin wax, parafin oil, silicon, emulsifier, protectant, and this gas thing. The second product is called Buff Up with lemon oil, by Amway but it has no ingredients panel. Would the lemon oil one be good on the fretboard? how about the pronto one for the body?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Last edited by aaron00lee at May 4, 2008,
Use lemon oil(don't know how to make it) and I say sue it every time you change strings, even though many say you only need to do it every 6 months to a year.
Specific guitar polish as well as many common polishes contain silicon which would leave swirls(or so I'm told) Only use on body and neck, not fretboard.

Speed up the neck with polish or snad it down, although don't ask how, never tried it.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
buy the stuff it'll be worth it in the end. Steel wool (0000 grade) is about £5 for a lot in the UK. a guitar polishing kit (for body) is about £8 and lemon oil (dunlop 65 i think is what I've got) is about £6 a bottle. and get an extra cloth too.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Ok so i just found wht we have in the house. One is called Pronto by Johnson Wax and it contains: Microcrystalin wax, parafin wax, parafin oil, silicon, emulsifier, protectant, and this gas thing. The second product is called Buff Up with lemon oil, by Amway but it has no ingredients panel. Would the lemon oil one be good on the fretboard? how about the pronto one for the body?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660