I just started playing the harmonica, and I've been getting pretty good at single notes and stuff.

But the one thing I just can't do is bending notes. I must have looked at every tutorial and video on the internet, but I STILL CAN'T DO IT!!!!

So a question for harmonica players: Is it because I haven't played long enough or am I doing something wrong? How do you guys bend?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
You're doing it wrong. It's hard as hell until you do it once, then it's easy as anything. I had to go through the same frustration...

Try moving your lower jaw, tongue backwards, give more room for inhale all at once and try.
Thanks for the tips...

I just have one last question though. I play with a pucker (I'm too much of a noob to do the tongue block), so how can I move my lower jaw around while keeping the pucker?

Again, thanks a million!
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by firebreath07
Thanks for the tips...

I just have one last question though. I play with a pucker (I'm too much of a noob to do the tongue block), so how can I move my lower jaw around while keeping the pucker?

Again, thanks a million!

Don't use the pucker?
USE THE PUCKER!

This is how I learnt:

Whistle any note. Now whistle that note then whistle a lower note than that. Can you feel your tongue move back in your mouth when you whistle the lower note? That's how you have to move your tongue when you bend.

Also it's easiest on 4th hole. And I assume you know you have to draw the note?

Quote by Craigo
You're doing it wrong. It's hard as hell until you do it once, then it's easy as anything. I had to go through the same frustration...

Try moving your lower jaw, tongue backwards, give more room for inhale all at once and try.

It's not physically possible to move one's lower jaw backwards.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
OK, here's how I learned:

When you are bending a note, start on a low hole draw. 4 hole probably works best.

Now, when you draw this note, slowly pull the harmonica to an angle inside your mouth. Pull the side of the harmonica that isn't in your mouth upwards. This will force your jaw to open more and will teach you the basic way you have to shape your mouth. Soon you'll be able to make the shape without moving the harp and you'll be bending.

Good luck, and remember, none of us can explain it perfectly, you've got to learn yourself.

By the way, does anybody here know how to overblow? Tips? It's driving me mad.

EDIT: There ain't nothing wrong with the pucker. I can't stand tongue blocking so I use a pucker and I can bend fine.

EDIT 2: There's a guy on youtube called Adam Gussow, he's done a huge amount of harp teaching videos, I'd recommend giving it a look. He pretty much taught me everything I know.
Quote by JamesDouglas
USE THE PUCKER!

This is how I learnt:

Whistle any note. Now whistle that note then whistle a lower note than that. Can you feel your tongue move back in your mouth when you whistle the lower note? That's how you have to move your tongue when you bend.

Also it's easiest on 4th hole. And I assume you know you have to draw the note?

It's not physically possible to move one's lower jaw backwards.

So you're right. But it feels like that anyway. Try holding your lower jaw muscles... It's odd.
Quote by blynd_snyper
EDIT: There ain't nothing wrong with the pucker. I can't stand tongue blocking so I use a pucker and I can bend fine.

Fair do, but I've never heard about them before in my life