So, I'm looking into buying an Epiphone Valve Junior Halfstack as an upgrade from my Marshall AVT150. I'm getting really sick of it, I can't get any good tones out of it. Would it be well-suited for me? I play 90's alt. rock, a lot of Pumpkins, through a Big Muff and a Squier Tele. Also, is there any sort of pedal I can buy in which I can control the Treble, Mids, and Bass? And how well would you be able to hear it over a drum kit?
Last edited by Ethalopian at May 3, 2008,
I played a valve junior for fun once and I hated it. I actually found the AVT150 to be a pretty versatile amp, or at least back when I was only playing a year or two.

Part of your problem may be that you're trying to get a good sound out of a Squier Tele. The Big Muff also won't help you there. Maybe look to upgrade your guitar before you move away from the AVT.

EDIT: I did not play the epiphone for fun. I played it because someone said it was crazy good for its price range as a practice amp. "For fun" was a very bad figure of speech there.
Last edited by dannyisokay at May 3, 2008,
"Also, is there any sort of pedal I can buy in which I can control the Treble, Mids, and Bass?"

It's called "EQ pedal"
Quote by cedaguol
"Also, is there any sort of pedal I can buy in which I can control the Treble, Mids, and Bass?"

It's called "EQ pedal"

Yeah, but I was looking at those, and none had those controls.

To the other poster, I also have a Fender Tele w/ Hot Rails in bridge, but I'm not getting any good sounds out of it, and probably returning it for more money, which I would put towards the amp.
Quote by Ethalopian
Yeah, but I was looking at those, and none had those controls.

To the other poster, I also have a Fender Tele w/ Hot Rails in bridge, but I'm not getting any good sounds out of it, and probably returning it for more money, which I would put towards the amp.

They don't have the name bass,mids, ect. on them they have certain frequencies that you can increase or decrease. It gives you much more control then just the normal 3 knobs.