I've had my sr505 for about three months now, and I've already had to change the battery twice. Is that a normal rate, or is something wrong with it? I never leave it plugged into the mp when I'm not using it. Thanks!
But do you leave the cable plugged into the bass? that's what drains the battery. Ive had my SR506 for 7 months now and haven't had to change the battery once.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Nope. After having it for about a week I read that it drained the battery doing that, so I haven't done it since.
Last edited by Canadian_basser at May 3, 2008,
The sort of batteries you're using can have an affect on the life of it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Hmmmm, any good heavy duty brand should perform well.

If it's such a problem, take a look into Lithium (not the polymer ones) rather than Alkaline ones, as they have a much longer user life, and still only put out 8.4Vs rather than 9.0Vs.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I have had to change my battery once in my SR500, and I have it for about 13 months now...

So it seems weird to me that you allready had to change it more in less time.
Maybe there's something wrong with the bass, if you plug it out every time you stop playing.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
You might have a short circuit, which keeps the battery engaged when the bass is unplugged. Have a look at your wiring and see if any of it looks wrong.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Some basses from the Rockbass line were wired wrong, which caused them to drain batteries rather quickly. (My fortress being one of them but I cba to mess around with the wiring)

Anyway, it's not too unlikely that it was wired wrong at the factory, so I'd suggest comparing it to some wiring diagrams.