Poll: practice speed on acoustic?
Poll Options
View poll results: practice speed on acoustic?
yes
29 45%
no
25 38%
what's shred?
3 5%
what's metal?
1 2%
what's acousstic?
6 9%
Voters: 65.
I've learned how much better my electric playing is when I do this, but do any of you play on acoustic 70% of th time?

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
yes, practice speed, accuracy at a slow tempo isn't going to make a crowd want to see you again( especially at a metal show, or with your alternate picking)

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Yes, it really helps with soloing.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I learned to sweep pick on an acoustic but yea this kid thinks hes good at guitar but he didn't play guitar for months not because he didn't have on but because he had an acoustic but didn't have an electric guitar so yea hes retarded.
Not really. Only when I'm away from the computer.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Yes, I do.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I wasn't necessarily shredding but i was playing a sweeping lick on my neighbor's 51 Gibson Country Western model acoustic. That guitar is amazing. I could sweep it as fast as i could and do it perfectly. My acoustic sucks tho...
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
for the first 3 years I only had a crappy acoustic with high action, and yeah I think that really helped a lot when I switched to electric, and I still do practice on an acoustic.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah cause I dont have an electric to play and I mainly play bass so I use the acoustic to build up my finger strength for when i play bass
What's acoustic music? Is it, like, I don't know.

But yeah, I played metal on my £30 acoustic for about eighteen months before I got my ESP, I got pretty good at it, better than my friends with expensive electrics.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Yes, because it builds strenth in my fingers and helps me play faster when I play electric.
acousstic is a typo, my mistake. since i do have to explain this it's "acoustic" or a granpa's guitar.

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200