I'm deciding to get a video camera for some projects I have in mind. Price is not an issues at this moment, I'm getting 'em for about the same price locally.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Everio-GZ-MG20-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B000A13YDY
or

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DCR-DVD610-Handycam-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B00123Q8YQ

Which is better Overall. I'm mainly going to use it for learning "movie effects" and such, using premiere or after effects. ^_^ So image quality is important.

Anyone here tried out both and can recommend the better of the two?

Thanks.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
i say go with the everio
i have one of the 30gb models and its pretty good and since your using premiere let me give you a hint
do not use the usb to import stuff just do it with the firewire because if you do import with usb its a pain to get the video format working on premiere (because the usb transfer method will encode the video in mpg2 format but will be renamed as .mod) use the dock that comes with it and use the firewire like you would with a dv camera
another thing i didnt know this when i bought it but you can not hook up external microphones to it, the on camera mic is good but if you want to use a lavaliere mic you cannot which is kind of lame but since your doing to learn with those adobe products i say go for it
Dick+strings= owww
That sounds great. Although I have a question about the battery for the everio. Is it that weak, like people complain it to be? How long does the stock battery last? Oh and if there are any problems with the HD. I heard rumors they corrupt easily or something.
Thanks.
Quote by rastaman12
Go with the Sony, but only if you're cool with the whole.. DVD thing.

Seriously, the hard drive is such a plus in the JVC. I can recommend both.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
At this point I'm not really concerned about not using dvds. I'm just concerned about the image quality, and sound, whether it'll pick up perfectly whatever it is pointing at (within reasonable distance) as well as being able to maybe have "surround sound". Although the HD is a big plus for the JVC, I wouldn't want to go for it just cuz of that.
Quote by rastaman12
The Sony will give you better image quality, and longer battery life.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I guess I'll go with the Sony then.
Thanks guys.
Quote by rastaman12