Hey guys I'm looking for a tube/valve amp. I play mostly all lead. Looking for a steve vai, paul gilbert, satch, jason becker kind of tone. Looking for Combo's not heads and cabinets. Let me know! I was looking at the 333xl bugera. How is that. Thanks!
Marshall JCM 800 combo?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the b-52 AT 112 is sweet, check it out if u can.

otherwise take my word, its really good
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Fender Deluxe Reverb.
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Only one guy on UG has one, and he's banned...

He preferred 'teh soul of the valves' over the 5150 he had, but you said you played lead-oriented stuff...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Lol yeah. I play mostly leads, but I want it for rhythm too. I'm in to all the solo artists. What about a used Marshall JCM800 combo for 700$ I can get that. Would it be good?
I'd be very wary of the Bugera stuff...

I've heard lots of stories about caps blowing and amps arriving D.O.A, and some major reliability issues within the first few weeks of owning.

But, if your amp survives, they do supposedly sound great for the price.

I'd look into a used 1x12 combo, such as the Mesa F-30, F-50, or maybe even a Engl Screamer combo, if you look hard.

Satch uses Peavey, Gilbert now uses Marshall, Vai uses Carvin, and I've heard of Jason using both Marshall and Carvin stuff.

Check out the Marshall DSL401 Combo, Engl Screamer, Mesa F-Series!
Thanks for your response and time man! I believe there is a used DSL401 at my local samash so Ill check it out! Also, I would be buying it from my local store, so if I had a problem. I imagine I could return it and just say it didnt work. Ill look for the mesa's but I really wanna be able to play an amp before I buy it, and there arnt any Mesa's at my SamAsh. Anyways, Thanks! Also, how was that Peavey 5150 that you owned? Also, how does the peavey XXX combo compare to the bugera or the valveking? Thanks!
I've never heard a bugera before. But Mesa's are probably my favorite amps. 5150 are sweet amps too. I really don't like the XXX all that much though.
5150 is a great amp, for metal. Don't think it would do Gilbert/Vai/solo guitar type stuff very well. It's an amp greatly used in metal and all the -core sub genres. Also, it's pretty heavy, literally and in sound!

I haven't played an XXX, but from the clips I've heard and such, I think you could do better with your budget, meaning you could get a better amp for what you'd be playing.

If you're buying from a store, by all means, go in there and plug in! Play every amp they have, ask if they can bring anything else in that they don't have in stock. Buy what sounds best. Simple! (Don't forget to haggle a little bit!)

DON'T BUY ON IMPULSE!!! I've gone through too many amps because I didn't sleep on it before buying. Take your time and maybe even write down what you want out of an amp, and what you like/dislike about each amp at the store.

Best of luck!
Ooo, check out the Laney Lionheart amps

1x12 combo, 2 channels...Gilbert used to play Laney, and I've heard good things. Just checking out the sound clips from their website, sounds like it might be worth looking into!

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=l5t-112

Or any Laney for that matter, some sound like what you might be looking for.
Last edited by ErikHoppy at May 3, 2008,