Sugapablo - Pain of Losing You
02:44

Hi all. New here. Just getting into things and figured I'd share. This is my second attempt at recording. It's an upbeat song with a simple chord progression. I'll try recording my more difficult material after I get my feet wet some more.

Recorded with Blue Snowball USB microphone -> MacBook w/iSight Camera running iMovie. Additional audio normalization done with Audacity. Video exported to QuickTime and uploaded to YouTube and converted to FLV.

Guitar is a Fender CD60CE.
    Quote by jibgilmon
    Firstly, I really like the music, but i think you should sing a little softer.
    Second, change the link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM2Wyw2rL-A&fmt=18 because it improves the video and sound quality (Youtube butchers video/sound).

Thanks, a lot! I never knew that about the fmt variable. That's AWESOME! Is there any way for me to force my YouTube channel to post the links that way?

As for singing softer...hmmm, I guess I get carried away. I'll try working on my levels there. It just feels awesome to sing loudly.

Thanks for the feedback!
      Quote by sugapablo
      Thanks, a lot! I never knew that about the fmt variable. That's AWESOME! Is there any way for me to force my YouTube channel to post the links that way?

As for singing softer...hmmm, I guess I get carried away. I'll try working on my levels there. It just feels awesome to sing loudly.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure if you can make all of your videos like that, but some videos have a link that says "Watch this video in high quality".

For the singing, it may be easier to control if you record the guitar and vocals separately. Because then you could just lower the volume on the vocal recording, and maybe make a split screen video which would be cool.
      Quote by jibgilmon
      For the singing, it may be easier to control if you record the guitar and vocals separately. Because then you could just lower the volume on the vocal recording, and maybe make a split screen video which would be cool.

Multitrack recording doesn't feel right to me yet. It feels too artificial. I think it's just better for me to work on performance in general. One should always be mindful of volume levels, whether your recording or on stage. I actually just started recording these videos as a way of practicing for my open stage appearances.

(I put a critique of your track on your thread.)
        Quote by sugapablo
        Multitrack recording doesn't feel right to me yet. It feels too artificial. I think it's just better for me to work on performance in general. One should always be mindful of volume levels, whether your recording or on stage. I actually just started recording these videos as a way of practicing for my open stage appearances.

(I put a critique of your track on your thread.)

Your probably right. It's probably a better idea to just work on the vocal control because you can't do multi track live ha ha.

PS: Thanks for the critique
        I love it, man.

Your voice is uplifting, and the chord progression... although very simple, is very effective. The general message of the song is simple, so I find the chord progression appropriate. I don't think there is enough variation though, tbh, perhaps add a more noticeable change to the song.

Other than that minor glitch.. nice one.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852675