Guitar:Ibanez RGT42DX
Pickups: Dimarzio X2N
Amp:Peavey 5150

This is the gear I will be getting with the summer job I'm looking for. Is it good? What pedals should I get to make it perfect? Would it be great for a band/gigs?

EDIT:I'm trying to get a progressive metal sound similar to Death "The sound of preserverance" album. I want a tone for all kinds of metal, but that's the main kind of tone I'm looking for. Do you guys think this gear would be good for that?
Last edited by giantsfanftw at May 3, 2008,
I have heard that the X2N isn't that great (but ive only heard it tho never played them before) my personal vote would be some kind Seymour Duncan's (tho not the Dimebucker..)
But by the looks you play Death Metal? (or just High-Gain stuff)
But the guitar is good (only thing that i see is bad is it has a Edge Pro II and i have heard bad stuff)
But the amp is great!

Ahh i see you are a death fan. Chuck used X2N so that pickup might suite you if you are after his sound
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
I have heard that the X2N isn't that great (but ive only heard it tho never played them before) my personal vote would be some kind Seymour Duncan's (tho not the Dimebucker..)
But by the looks you play Death Metal? (or just High-Gain stuff)
But the guitar is good (only thing that i see is bad is it has a Edge Pro II and i have heard bad stuff)
But the amp is great!

Ahh i see you are a death fan. Chuck used X2N so that pickup might suite you if you are after his sound

I was thinking of taking off the Edge pro and putting a OFR on the guitar. Think this would work out?
X2N is actually really quite good, IMO, especially for high-gain. Doesn't get muddy very easily, stays quite sharp, which is nice. Very high output.

Also, the Edge Pro is a pretty good bridge, there's no real reason to replace and get an OFR, but if you prefer them, go for it. I have no idea if it would work, ask a tech.
Quote by giantsfanftw
wow **** you people

you guys are jealous as hell I'm about to get great gear

Wtf was that for, you idiot?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by giantsfanftw
wow **** you people

way to be an asshole
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Someone block this moron.
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Last edited by _Marooned_ at May 3, 2008,
Quote by giantsfanftw
wow **** you people

All I saw was people posting advice.

Bugger off and be a tool in the FOTB

*reported*.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by giantsfanftw
lol I get how this forum works

When you get very little replies, that's how you know your gear will be gold.

Shut the fuck up.

Those people were trying to help you, and offered some good advice. The reason you didn't get 50 replies is because this isn't a god damn chatroom. Now everyone just thinks you're an asshole.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I like how the same stupid threads that have been posted 50 times before get tons of replies yet this one doesn't. Funny how that works.

Guess I'll just go with my gut feeling and conclude that this gear is the best for metal in my price range.
So you're jealous because you didn't get tons of replies? How sad.

And considering you didn't even post your price range, how can you expect help without it?
Do you like Bagpipes?

Good for you

Quote by postmortem2006
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.

Quote by strings.of.fury
So you're jealous because you didn't get tons of replies? How sad.

And considering you didn't even post your price range, how can you expect help without it?

That completely depends on how much I'll make in the summer. But lets just say around $2000
Is this guy Bi-polar or somethin... he went from curious to WTF to hey why isn't anyone posting :stickpoke /
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by steven seagull
All I saw was people posting advice.

Bugger off and be a tool in the FOTB

*reported*.

aren't you a mod?

TS you suck.
That was a random turn of mood. The reason it didn't get a hundred replies is because it's not controversial at all. None of the people replying are really disagreeing on what you're asking. There's nothing to post 50 replies about.

Relax, and stop being a douche - they were just trying to help you out.

I think that would be pretty good. (your gear)
Don't expect great cleans outta the 5150 though.
I was reading all of a sudden, and then BAM! Out comes Tourettes Guy!

I have nothing to say now, I'm afraid you'll go off at any given moment. And I sure as heck don't want somebody of your status mad at me!
Quote by the-patient
That was a random turn of mood. The reason it didn't get a hundred replies is because it's not controversial at all. None of the people replying are really disagreeing on what you're asking. There's nothing to post 50 replies about.

Relax, and stop being a douche - they were just trying to help you out.

I think that would be pretty good. (your gear)
Don't expect great cleans outta the 5150 though.

If he wants to be controversial, all he has to do is look in my sig.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Guitar:Ibanez RGT42DX
Pickups: Dimarzio X2N
Amp:Peavey 5150

This is the gear I will be getting with the summer job I'm looking for. Is it good? What pedals should I get to make it perfect? Would it be great for a band/gigs?

EDIT:I'm trying to get a progressive metal sound similar to Death "The sound of preserverance" album. I want a tone for all kinds of metal, but that's the main kind of tone I'm looking for. Do you guys think this gear would be good for that?

ok you want to sound like chuck schuldiner?heres what you need
dimarzio x2n and a marshall valvestate 8100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKbSoa78MQg&feature=related

thats the amp he used man,oh and a chorus pedal and your set.
Quote by The Minorthreat
If he wants to be controversial, all he has to do is look in my sig.

Haha. I wanna be controversial. Now I need to find a black guy. I think I would make it death metal and have it called "Kute Kuddly Kittens" but just abbreviate it to KKK. Kind of like NIN. haha.
Quote by giantsfanftw
wow **** you people

WTF are you talking about. All people were doing was giving you advice. Get off UG you ****ing douchebag
Quote by giantsfanftw
wow **** you people

I guess you are popular with the guys you jam with..... Let me give some friendly advice, its not in the gear , its in you!