I bought The Orange Box today after a couple weeks of giggly excitement. I made a Steam account, and after I entered the CD Key, the games (all of them) started to download from Steam. Downloading these games is going to take several hours, and I have the CDs. Why did it not ask me to use them to install the games? Did I mess something up?
I ran into this problem as well when I installed HL2 on my new laptop.

TRY THE STEAM FORUMS!!!!!!!
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
No, you didn't do anything wrong. You do this with every game that requires Steam.
you didn't to anything wrong until you came and asked a guitar forum your computer questions

but seriously that's what steam does, you can't stop it (at least i don't think you can)
you have to do that with all steam games, but now I'm pretty sure you'll be able to play the games without the cds.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
for some reason, i was thinking "Orange Box" was a type of new amp...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.