I'm looking for new pups, cuz my epiphone stock pups are muddy and not very good sounding. I'm probably getting a new tube amp soon (thinking Peavey Classic 30 or the Traynor YCV50 Blue), so i was thinking i would get new quality pickups as well.
The thing is, i don't have too much cash and the GFS pups are a good price for me.

So, are they any good? I've been looking at the Crunchy PAF for the bridge, Vintage 59 for the neck, and a Dream 90/Mean 90. I play mostly classic rock, hard rock, and some modern alternative rock stuff.
So are these pups any good?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
i have a Hot PAF or something of the sort in my agile, gives it just enough kick, i really like it.

i still feel that it's worth it to save up for Seymour Duncan's or Dimarzio's though
I dunno.. GFS have always been rather sketchy to me.. you'll get mixed reviews anywhere.. I'd fork out the little extra and get Lace Sensor pickups or something.. you can't go wrong
Follower of Zeppelinism

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.:stickpoke
What pups do you recommend? The genres i play are listed in the first post
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
The Guitarfetish ones you mean?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
id get the new amp first, see where you're lacking tonally.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I will, i'm deciding between the Traynor YCV50 blue and the PEavey Classic 30
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
yea, i'd still save up for something a little better than GF pups, they're probably a little improvement on stock pickups, but they're still poorly made.

I'd go for the peavy out of your two amps personally. Simply for the fact, its the only one i've tried and i really quite liked it, it should handle the sound you want pretty well.
Get the amp, then decide if you want the pup's or not.
Get the amp first, then decide what pickups you need. I wouldn't suggest GFS pickups.