Page 1 of 2
So right now I'm lusting over this beauty: The Ibanez RG7CST

Apparently there are only 24 of them, but I might be thinking of the RG7CT, which doesn't come with the piezo system, but is equally beyond my reach...

I actually discovered this rare guitar a year or so ago when I was checking out 7-strings, and I want it MOAR every day!!

There's also a RG6CST, but it's not quite as magical. I went on Ranguitars.com and put in a quote with exactly the same specs as the RG7CST, so we'll see how that turns out

So that's what i have major GAS for right now, what are some guitars you have GAS for but know you can't ever get?
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
GAS? I'm assuming that's like a crazy lusting after a particular axe.

In my case, I've got one right now for a white '58 style V with black pickguard and chrome hardware.
Quote by Flying Couch
GAS? I'm assuming that's like a crazy lusting after a particular axe.

GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome

I'm after a Gibson Les Paul at the minute...it's not happening
There should be a way to cure GAS. If i had the money now i would be full of guitars. Some months ago i really wanted a dean. Some weeks ago i wanted an ibanez rg prestige and now i'm starting to want an Yngwie malmsteen strat. I also wanted jacksons. I must stop looking at guitars and start to focus more on mine. Some GAS only lasts a week or two but that is enough to make someone go out and buy gear. I think that we should make a group to cure GAS called "the anonymous GASers"
I have a GAS for... a Gibson Corvus!!!!

Nah, just kidding. I'd really love a Caparison Horus though, but that costs more than I'll ever afford
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Major GAS for an Ibanez 7621... (plus Dimarzio's for both my 6 and the future 7).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Hey, is that the guitar wes borland use to use?? yeah I've wanted that thing for yeeeaaaars.
i really really want an orange tiny terror, but my local music shop never have em in. Plus i cant afford one yet...
Originally posted by V12prowler
u could use a blowtorch and a fetus
i have GAS for a RG2228
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Wow Topic Creator, if I wanted a 7 string, I'd be all over that one, too. I love how the skunk stripe matches the back of the body.
the trouble with me is i NEVER get over GAS. i've bought countell pedals (including a rather expensive, well expensive for a wah pedal, crybaby from hell), i've also bought a Fender Strat with Seymour Duncans, a Razorback 255, a Jackson V wich i plan on putting new pickups in and now im gonna start saving for a 6505 and a Marshall 1960BV. GAS is a disease.
Sig space available, give me some praise
I have GAS for a Gibson LP Classic all the time (seems like I'll buy it this year - finally enough scratch). I temporarily get GAS for telecasters as well.
I don't GAS too bad myself, but I do KAS (Knife Acquisition Syndrome), in fact, I just ordered a new $130 knife 5 minutes ago.

I suppose I can just control GAS, because I'm really picky. I don't like guitars made outside of USA/Japan/Canada, I only like hardtails, and less extreme body shapes. I'd sure love an SG '61 reissue in white though... of course that PGM301 I'm going to get in August, who doesn't want a Les Paul Custom Quilt top?

Haha, I suppose I have mild GAS...
Taco Bell. Fort Knox. 1989.

In all seriousness though, Gibson Les Paul Classic in Honeyburst.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Worst gas ever, NEVER eating 3 of those again.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by Rysel
Hey, is that the guitar wes borland use to use?? yeah I've wanted that thing for yeeeaaaars.

yep, there's a youtube video of him using it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8e8LU4yHU
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
My worst GAS was probably for a blue SL3. Those things are so beautiful.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I would give anything to get one of the Jackson KV1 guitars. They don't even make 'em like this anymore!

I just got a guitar recently so my parents wont let me dish out more cash for a new axe but I have major GAS for a black Gibson Les Paul Custom with gold pick-ups and their like 3,000 dollars so if I start saving now I might have one in 5 years....
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey

A Thinline with a '69 pickguard, Esquire controls, the neck pu is a dummy just for looks, Maple Warmoth Pro neck with Stainless Steel Frets, standard neck, compound radius, Lefty Headstock and Black-Red-Yellow Sunburst. Yet to decide on tuners, and a Seymour Duncan 5-2 for the bridge.
Though normally I can't stand PRS guitars, I have found myself dreaming of a Hollowbody II. I heard one being played, and it did sound lovely. Though if I did get one, I'd have to cover that horrible horrible finish in stickers and stuff.

[Shudders at the thought of so much quilted maple put unashamedly on display]

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I would have to say the guitar I'm obsessed with now is a Ibanez S series they are so sweet. But thing I want most is a fulltone tube tape echo. I lust after a different guitar every other day. If I was super rich I would probably buy a different guitar and amp every day.
im real into early metallica and i love thrash so ive been having terrible GAS for a gibson Flying V. I know i dont need one, i have an SG which is very similar and i dont like the way they play sitting down. but the tone Kirk hammet had on Killemall was godly, not to meantion his playing was great. ive been trying to keep it under control, id probably grow out of one if i got it. I used to have it for an Explorer but i grew out of that.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Any time I have hot n spicy McChicken sandwiches I have really bad gas... the worst was when I ate like three of em while I already had a messed up stomach... now That was some GAS!
I've been really GASing for a Bogner Uberschall, I love those damn amps. I already spend way too much money($1500 H&K, $850 Schecter, $300 Verizon Voyager phone, all in the span of about 4 months). But I figure I can get enough money for a Ubershcall in about 4-6 months(haven't factored in car insurance yet), and yes I am very meticulous about my planning on buying stuff.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I got over my previous bout of GAS with a new RG550XX...Best guitar ever. I'll be playing this thing for years.
I no longer have GAS think god.. I had it for a bit on the Epiphone SG 400.. hopefully I won't get it again.. trying to save =P
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Quote by devit
i dream with it every night

Isn't that body off a Razorback?

I'm GASing for a Gibson Flying V and a Peavey JSX head. Damn money
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
im Gasing for
fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....
Quote by bean-o

Worst gas ever, NEVER eating 3 of those again.

Where is that from? Looking at it, it practically spells diarrhea, yet it beckons me.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
I have GAS for an EHX Little Big Muff and Micro POG (Even though i don't use octavers!), a small 5 watt tube amp, and a Gibson Les Paul special DC, for some odd reason. I don't even like Gibsons that much!
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by prs boy
I would have to say the guitar I'm obsessed with now is a Ibanez S series they are so sweet. But thing I want most is a fulltone tube tape echo. I lust after a different guitar every other day. If I was super rich I would probably buy a different guitar and amp every day.

those tube echoes look sweet, ive seen and played through one...

but they are £999
I'v been GAS'ing for one of these for around 10 years now but since they are so expensive in the UK i always end up spending my fund on other gear before i get enough

ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
i dont have GAS but everytime i shop for vynal or visit a hardwere store i gotta take a sh1t!!! dose that count?
Page 1 of 2