I think I dig them, but I've never tried em out for real. Anybody that can tell me appropriate styles they can handle? Don't give me the amp is 90 percent of tone stuff. I know that. But different pickups sure sound a heck of a lot different in comparison, even if the amps sounds the same. I'm thinking of getting them in both positions
i've not played one but i hear people pairing it with a JB in the bridge...but then i don't know what kind of guitar you have.

from Duncan's site:

application
Versatile P.A.F.-type humbucker. Great for country, jazz, blues, funk, classic rock and heavy rock.

description
Late-'50s, vintage-correct, humbucker sound. Warm and crystalline clean tones. Full and bright distorted tones. Smooth sustain. Classic appointments include plain enamel wire, long legged bottom plate, vintage single conductor cable and no logo. Compared to the SH-55 Seth Lover, the '59 has slightly more scooped mids and is vacuum wax potted for squeal-free performance.

complete setup
Available in both neck and bridge models. Often a '59 neck is used together with a hotter bridge pickup like the SH-4 JB or SH-13 Dimebucker for extra versatility.

;
did you just bump within 9 minutes?

don't do that bro, there is only so many of us on here and thousands of posts.

Not being a prick but the Rules clearly state to wait a day and then ask a Mod if you can bump, which i don't think anyone does anymore.

later

;
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 3, 2008,
^^^that was actually the most articulate post I've read today.

I like the 59's, but I think it'd be overdoing it to put them in both positions, it wouldn't give you a great range of versatility compared to that which you might achieve if you paired it with a different pickup.
Go with '59 in the neck and JB in the bridge. Its a combination that can handle alot of different music styles.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
did you just bump within 9 minutes?

don't do that bro, there is only so many of us on here and thousands of posts.

Not being a prick but the Rules clearly state to wait a day and then ask a Mod if you can bump, which i don't think anyone does anymore.

later

;

You realise you just bumped within 3 minutes to tell him off about.... bumping?

Your first post had good info though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Will the JB kinda break my cleans up at earlier volumes (Traynor YCV 50 blue)? I've been turned off by that possibility. I only play metal...about 30 percent of the time.
well, that is hard to tell as i have a stratocaster and the JB is extremely bright for me so i'm swapping it out for a SH-11 Custom Custom TB to get a deeper brown sound. depends on guitar.

and timi - i wasn't technically bumping as he bumped 'while' i was searching info and typing my post so i didn't see his bumpy, so my second post was just a friendly reminder.

and timi - thanks as i did get a little chuckle out of that.

later guys,

;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well, that is hard to tell as i have a stratocaster and the JB is extremely bright for me so i'm swapping it out for a SH-11 Custom Custom TB to get a deeper brown sound. depends on guitar.

and timi - i wasn't technically bumping as he bumped 'while' i was searching info and typing my post so i didn't see his bumpy, so my second post was just a friendly reminder.

and timi - thanks as i did get a little chuckle out of that.

later guys,

;

Alright, though you could've edited the original post

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
true true

;

and now you're spamming

Depending on the guitar I'd be more inclined to say a straight Custom for a metal player...the Traynor has a fair amount of gain but not a particularly "metal" voicing. The Dimarzio D-Sonic or Steve's Special would be good for the bridge too, basically anything with a ceramic magnet and fairly high output to give you a more modern tone, a tighter low end and more immediate attack. 59 is fine for the neck though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by timi_hendrix
You realise you just bumped within 3 minutes to tell him off about.... bumping?

Your first post had good info though.

LAWL!

This thread is full of funnies.

The 59 is made to recreate the classic clean and overdriven sounds of the...50's. Think Eric Clapton in Cream/John Mayalls.
High as tits
I don't play metal so often. I thought this was established. How about a 59 and a SH-5 Duncan Custom?
Quote by sg4ever
Will the JB kinda break my cleans up at earlier volumes (Traynor YCV 50 blue)? I've been turned off by that possibility. I only play metal...about 30 percent of the time.

Ah, I just saw "I only play metal"

Bridge
Duncan Custom 5, Pearly Gates, Custom Custom
Dimarzio Norton, Breed

Neck
Duncan 59, Pearly Gates, Alnico Pro 2
Dimarzio Breed, Air Norton, Paf Pro, Humbucker from Hell

What guitar do you have, what pickups are in it currently and what kind of tones are you looking for?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com