So, today, i went into my music shop, and for the first time, they had 5 string basses on display. Now, i am generally against 5 string basses, because ive never really seen a band i like use them, but i thought 'meh, why not?'

So i really disliked the bass (Squier Jazz 5 string) but im very intruiged about the concept now, and i really want to get a 5 string.

So, I'd like for you oh so kind people () to reccomend me some good 5 strings for the 2 guidelines below:

I play alternative & occasionaly Classic rock
Price Of up to £350 ($600-700ish?)

Thanks In Advance Guys

Edit:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-embassy-5/12175

Is that any good?
Last edited by JPJ_12 at May 3, 2008,
I use an Ibanez SRX 305 if I need low B or am playing metal and need the low tuning, its in the same price range, two exposed pole p/ups and the ibanez characteristic fast neck, with modern double humbucker sound. Worth a look.
Epiphone generally go not have a good reputation at all.

You will not get a lot for £350. Squire an Ibanez are the biggest competators in that price range, so try some of those out.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
A while ago i went into a used music store and they had an epiphone EB3(?) 5 string on display, and it played great. now i play a lot of metal, so when i bought it it just didn't fit the style, but i can see that it would be a great rock bass, with a smooth tone and great feel. Used, (but in mint condition) it cost $250. i dont kno what that is in europe, but if it was only that, im sure it wudnt cost very much new.
The Magic Ninja
i'm prolly alone in suggesting it, but a BC Rich 5 String Zombie. mine has served me well, although it is basically an exclusively metal bass.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ibanez sr505
I refuse to play bc rich because I got poked trying to. and I'd lose a toe if I dropped it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i got a warwick rockbass for around $400

its not as epic as the warwicks, but i love it.
and its prettty
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!