anybody want to reccomend me some comics... and be specific with the series. im really into spiderman, so im somewhat familiar with some of their characters. anything is greatly appreciated
Quote by FireandFlames
transmetropolitan

spider jerusalem ftw

^_^
I'm a communist. Really.
V for Vendetta

awesome, awesome comic. buy it, read it, cherish it.

HunterXHunter from Yoshihiro Togashi

you may not be in the whole manga thing, but this one really stands out as a manga. very detailed, very awesome story. lots of violence, no huge boobs.

Persepolis I and II from Marjane Satrapi

very simplistic drawings, very deep, emotional, and informative.

The Peanuts from Charles Schulz

snoopy, end of story.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 3, 2008,
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
^to late now and are any of those actual comics?

edit:yeah im not so into magna... just marvel/DC style comics

then you'll LOVE V for Vendetta.

From Marvel I can recommend Silver Surfer, The Fantastic Four and X-men.

god, how i love the X-men!!
okay... sliver surfer sounds pretty good... what are your opinions on characters like thor, silver surfer and iron man... im somewhat enthralled with marvel ever since i was a kid digging spiderman and i guess i just found my old comics and realised how much i liked em and now im getting back into them
Quote by bob-thebuilder
Speed Racer, I think they only put out like two issues though

they have speed racer comics?!!?!?! OMGWTFBBQ~~ i must have them!!

*rushes to Amazon*

Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
okay... sliver surfer sounds pretty good... what are your opinions on characters like thor, silver surfer and iron man... im somewhat enthralled with marvel ever since i was a kid digging spiderman and i guess i just found my old comics and realised how much i liked em and now im getting back into them

dude anything from Marvel is pretty much awesome IMO. I hate DC comics, though. they have crappy drawings, stupid stories and mediocre action.

Marvel all the way!
Quote by CoreysMonster
they have speed racer comics?!!?!?! OMGWTFBBQ~~ i must have them!!

*rushes to Amazon*

dude anything from Marvel is pretty much awesome IMO. I hate DC comics, though. they have crappy drawings, stupid stories and mediocre action.

Marvel all the way!

Sped Racer comics seriously: http://www.amazon.com/SPEED-RACER-CHRONICLES-1/dp/B0013FKW3G/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209859059&sr=8-8

Edit: Turns out there's like a batrillion different series'.
Last edited by bob-thebuilder at May 3, 2008,
Go watch 'Unbreakable'. Its an awesome film about comics(ish)
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Batman: Year One. It was one of the main inspirations behind Batman Begins.

And of course, while we're on the subject of Batman, go get The Dark Knight Returns.

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Marvel Comics are generally a good bet, there have been some good stories recently. A good saga would be Civil War, when all the heroes split over a new law forcing all super-heroes to register with the government. The ones who support it are sent to force the ones who don't to join. I think it's collected into a single book now, so you don't have to track down individual issues.

There are spin-offs for most major characters (X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Captain America, etc.) that help support the story and give you more background, but they're not 100% necessary. You can get the main story without them.

But there are also the timeless classics like V for Vendetta, the Watchmen, Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Sin City. Anything written by Alan Moore or Frank Miller is usually pretty good.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Thor is one of my favorites. I personally reccomend getting the Moon Knight essentials they r like old comics compiled in one with all the moon knioght comics. The New Avengers seriesis pretty good. Astonishing, Young X-Men are pretty good really anything involving mutants after M-Day is pretty good also the Civil War was pretty good you can get any of these in a book or comic book store.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is really good.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning