so i plan on embarking on making another guitar, but this time i want a custom shape, not a stock body shape(strat, les pual, warlock,v etc) so i was thinking take 3 bodys and putting them toghter. so i was looking for some ideas of what i can make, i plan on using Autocad later to draw them up and letting you guys pick which one i should make. feel free to suggest a pickup config when giving me ideas.

so if you didnt feel like reading that, give me some custom body shape ideas/pics or give me three guitar shapes and tell me what of each i should use or ms paint it lol

thanks to all. ill be surprised if this makes it very far.( i mean ideas, not my project)

edit: it would be helpful if you would post pictures of the bodys when posting ideas to make sure its clear what im using, thanks
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Last edited by metalwarrior40 at May 3, 2008,
what about layering bodies. So like biggest in background, like a warlock or whatever with a les paul or something on top? Obviously make em thinner then stick em together
thats autcally a really cool concept, give me three and ill try it
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by electricdeath
a Dean RR ML

with an LP cutaway.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Try looking at some guitars by Eastwood Guitars, they're the ones Jack White uses.
www.eastwoodguitars.com

have fun
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
My next custom shop guitar will probably be a ironbird, warrior, Rhoads. I was thinking about making it a hollow body but IDK. Either way it won't be for another couple years.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Take the back of a V and bend the bottom horn up to make an explorer shape with it. Could be good.
Oh yeah, and you can choose the front.
Quote by JackoMBA
I like big tits and a tight ass.

Oh, why don't you try a rectangle.

me too
oh and rectangles have been done. Bo Dittly's by Gretch i do believe.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
whats that Dean thats a mix between an SG and a V?... thats an original... and fugly
maybe try asking on Guitar Building and Customization, and you should atleast make a thread to see what the thing looks like, sounds like a sweet build.

My suggestion, BC Rich Bich at the bottom, with the middle part of an explorer and the high body (part before the neck) with a les paul. All in a red wine stained flamed maple top. The creation, Bichin Explorespaul.

Last edited by el rulfo at May 4, 2008,
I'm surprised no wangcaster jokes have surfaced yet.

I've always wondered what an Iceman-SG-Les Paul hybrid would look like.
Here's my idea, I realize the proportions are off and it only has 4 strings and 12 frets and the neck pick-up is actually only half way on the body and I have no tuning knobs but it was in MS Paint damnit!

I like the headstock the best, the body is kinda alright but that headstock is badass
Attachments:
guitar2.bmp
so far so good, does anyone have any more ideas before i start drawing these, i plan on posting the rough drawings later if it turns out good. also this thread will be moved to the customization section when building starts which prob wont be till around june during my summer break
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
ok so with all you guys and me i came up with 10 total concepts lol. heres the first three(please note these are rough 5 minute drawings so this is no where near the final plan)

a rich bich/explorer/les pual.

a war beast/explorer

and a sg/les pual (note that the left horn is less pointy and the right is more les pual i was having issues with it working right)

the rest will hopefully be on later/ tommorow at the latest
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
yea im kinda leaning towards that too but i need to finish the others. someone want to be nice and explain how i can add a poll to this when im done with the drawings?
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
i say have a warlock bc rich style at back, then maybe a flying V then a strat or something. Layered would be a new concept might even task off! Atleast would make you original like batio and 4 neck guitar
so i think these will be the last too, my other ideas didnt turn out so well. i wanna put a poll up but i dont know how help please?

sg/v (SV!)

and the explorer v!

also what wood do you guys think i should use so i can start pricing it..i was thinking mahogany but not sure, not too(note i do have some experince) familiar with all the woods used.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Instead of just combining bodies, why not combine ideas? Like take all the differences between a super-strat style body and blend them with a Jazzmaster/Jaguar shape? An archtop, offset body would look sweet.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
i like the 2nd one. but i would say mix a rhoads and a jackson kelly
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
here is my idea

Here is the program i used to do a layered img with one layer a pic and then another layer on top to do a outline of the part i want from the body
Paint.net:
http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
Here is the File for the above image.
http://www.box.net/shared/6sfc28vi88
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at May 5, 2008,
Quote by BAoxymoron
here is my idea
http://www.box.net/shared/i557tqi4og
Here is the program i used to do a layered img with one layer a pic and then another layer on top to do a outline of the part i want from the body
Paint.net:
http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
Here is the File for the above image.
http://www.box.net/shared/6sfc28vi88

thanks for the effort, looks pretty sweet. i might auctlly do somethin like that for my next build, ( i plan on doing a 7 string and a double neck after this one) but i think ive decided on the second one on the first page, most of you seem to liek it too. plan on getting the wood soon!
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
I made some edits to your idea they're in bold if you can see that.

mainly i changed the angle of the upper base and i rounded off two corners
-George Will

I forgot to show you the guitar i'm ordering from Ranguitars
Shape:

color:

specs are kinda long so i won't get into them
-George Will