Page 1 of 2
Hey GG&A
I'm normally in the Pit, but I've come to ask for advice.
I want to start a psychadelic, experimental project.
Electronic sounds preferred.

What pedals would be most beneficial? a wide sound range would be nice.
I say a chorus, a delay, a reverb (if your amp doesn't already have a good reverb), maybe a tremolo, and maybe a flanger or phaser or something.
i'm not keen on psychedelic stuff, but those kinds of pedals are usually used it seems like.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Line 6 FM4
Line 6 DL4/EHX Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai
Digitech Whammy
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
MXR Blue Box

Those are a few off the top of my head.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
just to clarify, i'm looking for circa survive style stuff.
thanks for the suggestion so far.

line 6 DL4 and a holy grail reverb will replicate that tone. and a surprisingly high gain amp.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
1. A good wah (like a Vox V847)
2. A Big Muff-esque fuzz
3. A Uni-vibe clone (I like the Dunlop Rotovibe)
4. A Flanger (EHX Electric Mistress should be fine)
5. Any EHX Memory Man delay
Gear:
Art & Lutherie Acoustic
Epiphone SG
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Vox AD30VT
Moog stuff is good for trippy stuff, like a Ring Modulator. Or maybe some sort of guitar synth pedal.
well what i would recommend is pick upa good wah, i got a fulltone clyde personally v847 would do. And get ur hands on a dd-20. That thing can get proper trippy sounds, i got one, i like trippy stuff, i know. Also by using the modulation effect i can get a really nice chorus sound. So its two pedals in one. PM me for more info, also i got an artist you will proberly like called steve hillage, specifically palm trees (love guitar) gimi your msn and ill send it.
IMHO

1.delay
2.phase / flanger (i dont like running both at once:p)
3. wah
4. reverb
5. octavor?

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
an analog delay
Cry Baby FTW
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Trippiest pedal for me is the discontinued Digitech XP300

http://guitargeek.com/gearview/23/

The current EX7 has a pretty good Space Station model as well as a load of other settings - given what you're wanting to do it could be a shrewd investment.

http://www.digitech.com/products/EX7/
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well, if this helps, here is the current pedal board setups of the circa survive guys

Brendan

barber tone press, boss tuner, tr2 tremolo, rv5 digital reverb, ps3 pitchshifter, ps5 super shifter, dd20 delay, durham electronics mucho busto and sex drive, small clone, ernie ball wah, ibanez tube screamer, verbzilla, dl4 and echo park, mxr phase 90

Colin

boss tuner, ns2 noise supressor, dc3 super octave, ps3 pitch shifter, rv3 reverb/delay, ps5 super shifter, ibanez ts7 and de7, echo park and pod xt
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
ZVEX Ooh Wah
Moog Ring Mod
Maxon AD-999
Deluxe Electric Mistress
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i do lots of crazy sounds, so i can relate. these are the necesssities

wah wah(dunlop crybaby wah)
modulation(chorus, flange, phase, there is plenty out there)
delay(i recommend something at least as good as a DD6)

the wah is good for filtering as well as accenting, the modulation generally lets you add a warble or rotary sound to your tone, and sometimes modulation can give you good lo-fi effects(like makes the guitar sound like a recording of a radio playing, like it's playing from another room). delay is just necessary for all kinds of stuff, makes certain tones sustain, gives gliss, runs stuff together, sound on soun, play with parameters and get hearbeats, ufo landings, fadeins and fadouts, endless really.

after the basics here are a few pedals that are just trippy for trippy sake
-electroharmonix HOG(harmonic octave generator, has whammy, gliss, low pass filters, envelope controls, volume pedal, all kinds of stuff, but it is basically a harmonizer and crazy sound generator, very useful)
-moog ring modulator(just make crazy noise, from discrete to extreme
-moog murf(percusive popping noise, this is a pretty mellow version with lots of control, for a more aggressive/cheaper/less control version look at boss phase shifter)
-electroharmonix q-tron(low pass filter, close to mutronIII)

you would be happy with any of these, check out some of my songs on my profile to hear sound clips of the hog and murf with other random effects(the ambient outtro is nothing but these effects)

EDIT
holy crap how could i forget the moog 107 freq box, it synches a vco to the input signal, it's freaking sick all the stuff you can do with it
Last edited by gumbilicious at May 3, 2008,
dude perfect thing for this
when i got my phase 90 i showed it to my friend who knows NOTHING about guitar and the first thing he said was
"dude that would sound wicked if i was high" lol
hahahahhaha
get a phase 90, a wah, and maybe a delay of some sort
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You want 5 trippy pedals?
Get 5 DD-6s, turn the knobs randomly, and play a four note riff over and over again.
I'm being entirely serious, I do this for hours when I can't get ahold of reefer
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by steven seagull

The current EX7 has a pretty good Space Station model as well as a load of other settings - given what you're wanting to do it could be a shrewd investment.

That's a great idea Steven, a multi fx pedal. I didn't even think of that when i was thinking of trippy pedals but a pedal like mine might work real well too for what he is trying to do because it will have a good, not great, but a good representation of most all of these effects, including wah, and octivator and has some pretty freaked out presets.

imo for $150

http://www.digitech.com/products/RP250/index.php

;
For "trippy" sounds, probably a wah, a reverb, a delay, line 6 mm4 and a harmoniser/pitch shifter of some kind.

Don't just rely on effects though! Be creative with both your hands!
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
I would definitely agree with the chorus, delay, and flanger pedals, as i use those too for my "trippy" stuff. but i also find that when you combine a keyboard hooked up to a distortion pedal, you can get a neat sound. if you are looking for cheap pedals, check out the boss ones. the DS-1 is what i have for distortion, it was 40 bucks. my chorus/echo combo is a visual sound H2O. i would definitely recommend that, although it is about 140 dollars.
well if you want more electronic sounds try an EHX HOG, also maybe a Boss Bass Synthesizer (it works ok for guitar but can't track really high notes)

oh yeah and an EHX Small Stone, those can get some really trippy sounds at extreme settings.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
fuzz pedal?

in my sig?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by steven seagull

I agree, the Xp-300 is way out there... would love to get my hands on one of those.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Zvex Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Tube Zipper, Frequency Analyser, HOG, POG
Moogs
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
The only bits I could advise would be something like a Vox Clyde McCoy wah, and/or a digitech SynthWah.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
ZVEX Ooh Wah
Moog Ring Mod
Maxon AD-999
Deluxe Electric Mistress

we have a winner

also: fuzz/wah probe from zvex
EHX POG/HOG
ampeg scrambler
boss slicer thing
anything moog
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
dude if you look at one comment make sure its this one, i reallly love circa survive.

delay
flanger

(they don't use many effects)
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by jxljxl
Zvex Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Tube Zipper, Frequency Analyser, HOG, POG
Moogs

the hog is an upgraded pog, it has everything the pog has and more
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by guitar/bass76
moogerfooger ring modulator and something like a memory man or dd-20

First person on the money

Generic efects do not equal psychedelic. Ambient yes, but if you want psychedelic, look at brands like Moog, ZVex, Effector 13, LAL (Lastgasp Audio Laboratories), Mid-Fi Electronics, Line 6 (only the FM4 really), the Diamond Memory Lane Delay for awesome oscillator stuff, Pigtronix. There are many more if you need some more, I can research them to remind me. But yeah, some of the stuff like a wah and fuzz does come in handy, but definitely look at some stuff from those brands.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Page 1 of 2