Hello,

I'm fairly decent at guitar but I'm not very fast and I would like to build up speed. What are some metal songs that have a medium speed? I'm thinking that older metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden etc.) would be appropriate for this as thrash and death metal are usually fast.

If you're bored and you really want to help me, it would be very helpful if you could make a list of metal songs in order of speed so I have a progression that I could follow.

I like all metal except that which ends in 'core'.

Thanks, keep it br00tz
Opeth - Blackwater Park

EDIT: Oh, I see you wanted brutal music.

BFMV - All the Things I Hate Revolve Around You
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
The first solo in the Trooper by Maiden doesnt seem too difficult, and its medium speed. Hand of Stone by Mastodon is medium speed, and a bit of a challenge.
Quote by elgordo
Hello,

I'm fairly decent at guitar but I'm not very fast and I would like to build up speed. What are some metal songs that have a medium speed? I'm thinking that older metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden etc.) would be appropriate for this as thrash and death metal are usually fast.

If you're bored and you really want to help me, it would be very helpful if you could make a list of metal songs in order of speed so I have a progression that I could follow.

I like all metal except that which ends in 'core'.

Thanks, keep it br00tz

Quote by ..NEM..
BFMV - All the Things I Hate Revolve Around You

I looked it up the acronym... very funny
Quote by elgordo
I looked it up the acronym... very funny

Ey', I gave you a serious suggestion.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by elgordo
Hello,

Thanks, keep it br00tz

Wait...

You want these recs to be brutal? Like Priest and Maiden?

I don't think you ready for this jelly, I don't think you can handle this.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Last edited by Phill-Rock at May 3, 2008,
Quote by Phill-Rock
Wait...

You want these recs to be brutal? Like Priest and Maiden?

I don't think you ready for this jelly, I don't think you can handle this.

No no no, I just meant keep it brutal... you know, what metal heads say to one another I'm aware that Judas Priest and Iron Maiden aren't brutal.
It would be easier to suggest songs if you gave an example of a "medium speed" metal song, many people have very different definitions of medium speed.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by elgordo
No no no, I just meant keep it brutal... you know, what metal heads say to one another I'm aware that Judas Priest and Iron Maiden aren't brutal.

Behemoth.

You gotta do much better if you gone dance with me tonight
You gotta work your jelly if you gone dance with me tonight
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Try Exciter, maybe Razor.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Most mastodon isnt very fast. Take a look at Blood and Thunder, and the Wolf is Loose.