I have a MIM Telecaster with a maple fretboard. I remember seeing a guy who had a MIM Strat with the same neck, but his had that darker color you see on high end Fenders. It was also really shiny.

He said he used some kind of polish or something. But I can't remember the brand now.

Anyone know what kind of stuff could give a darker look to a maple fretboard. It seemed like it had more of a lacquer to it.
as far as i know u dont put polish and ****e on treated maple. Maybe im wrong, maybe just clean it
There are some polish (like kaiser's ones i recommend them) that u use to clean and lubricate your necks so its somewhat slippery so you can go play faster or some people just use it to clean there guitars.

Any sort of this polish will turn wood into darker color (but not forever tho, just until it dries) its like when you wet your clothes, they look somewhat darker and weight a bit more... You should get the same effect with ANY guitar lubricant but i recommend Kaiser as i alredy said =D
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Leave it in the sunlight whenever you can. it'll give the vintage look.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by Line6
There are some polish (like kaiser's ones i recommend them) that u use to clean and lubricate your necks so its somewhat slippery so you can go play faster or some people just use it to clean there guitars.

Any sort of this polish will turn wood into darker color (but not forever tho, just until it dries) its like when you wet your clothes, they look somewhat darker and weight a bit more... You should get the same effect with ANY guitar lubricant but i recommend Kaiser as i alredy said =D

I can't find a polish called Kaiser.

Did you mean Kyser?
Quote by Corpus
I can't find a polish called Kaiser.

Did you mean Kyser?

Yes, he means Kyser. "Dr Stringfellow" (by Kyser) is what I have for string lube, but I think they make fretboard cleaners 'n' stuff.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Yes, he means Kyser. "Dr Stringfellow" (by Kyser) is what I have for string lube, but I think they make fretboard cleaners 'n' stuff.

Ya, they make em both lubricant and cleaners and yep its Kyser xD sorry for misspelling hehe~
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P