Started out with something like this:

Removed everything, and bolted down an Ibanez bridge that has a lot more mass and adjustability. The P-pickup was replaced with some type of aftermarket piece, don't know much about it.

I had to build a rectangular wooden routing template for the humbucker and then route it into the top of the body.

That thing slides right in there perfectly now. I measured it up to center and level it, so I could keep the route as tight as possible.

Then I built a control cavity cover out of pickguard material. I screwed it down properly just for now, but will be lifting it to put controls in it.

I may have to route the cavity a little bigger underneath to fit more pots. We're also thinking of putting a neck pickup in it.

The pickups will be raised up a bit once mounted correctly. No pickguard is going on this thing. It's not supposed to be beautiful, just a fun project to build out of stuff my buddy had laying around.

We're thinking the neck pickup will be a reversed P-pickup. (swap which one is on top so it opposes the middle pickup - should balance it out a little by moving the bass side further back and the treble side further forward)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
my friend has the exact same pbass and he's been looking into some customising, ill have to show him this,good work
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
lookin forward to seein how it turns out
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Cool. I would put in some switches or volume pots for the pickups. Switches would be cool, and you dont see alot ot basses with on/off switches.
what kind of humbucker is that?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
I don't know exactly what the pickups are... its really just stuff that my friend has had laying around for a few years... and may have been ripped out of some other basses along the way. This bass doesn't get played because he has others that are much nicer... but if we do something interesting with this one, it may see some studio time or at least playing around.

Individual switches might be cool for turning pickups on... the humbucker is a 4 wire, so it can be split/phased/parallel or whatever we feel like. It would be cool to just put far too many options into this thing.

We haven't settled on what to do about the screw holes yet, but he was saying he may cover it in stickers anyway... so I assume they would be hidden. The original pickguard just makes it look cheap, though. Without it, it seems to look pretty cool.
My Music
put the screws back in
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Thats definitely an option. I did that before with a black guitar and its barely noticeable.
My Music
You should make it have an Alembic style control layout. Does it say anything on the humbucker at all? Can you put up some sound clips?
No, the humbucker is unmarked. Once we get it wired up and setup, I will have to make a little youtube video or something.
My Music
how are you wiring this thing up iwas thinking about doing something like this but wasnt sure on the wiring like but looks pretty cool
Haven't decided the control scheme yet, but it will involve some series/parallel/phasing and possibly some other nonsense

10 Band EQ? Hahahaah... wow.
My Music
its just i was thinking about doing something like mthis as my first mod and was sure on what way to wire it coil tapping pickup selector etc etc u know
This is what peopel dont' understand abotu P-Basses (and their 6 string equivalent, the strat ) they can be so much more than what they are stock!

It's lookin nice! Very shiney O_O
Quote by Punk_Ninja
This is what peopel dont' understand abotu P-Basses (and their 6 string equivalent, the strat ) they can be so much more than what they are stock!

It's lookin nice! Very shiney O_O

No kidding, it is funny they are 3 years older than the Strat.
My Music