Yes it sounds silly and yes i will be buying a tube amp EVENTUALLY but rite now i have a spare 100 quid kicking around and i was wondering if i could use the OCD with my microcube without anything exploding etc?? I know it sounds like a silly idea but i have gas and i must buy something now, even though its an amp i need i just cant afford it yet.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
I say do it....atleast then when you have the cash to get a nice amp, you'll have a sweet OD for it too.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I say do it....atleast then when you have the cash to get a nice amp, you'll have a sweet OD for it too.

My thoughts exactly
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
well i hear the OCD is better for creating an overdrive channel not boosting one. So bear that in mind but depending on your budget and what you buying. FOr boosting i found the zakk wylde one to be best (ignore what people says) it does whats its meant to, drive a marshal amp further. But maybe the maxon GT OD ( i think its called) or something like a tubescreamer
Well I only specifically mentioned the ocd as that was the one i curently had in mind but really i meant any OD pedal plus my tiny lil practice amp
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by Varkunus
well i hear the OCD is better for creating an overdrive channel not boosting one. So bear that in mind but depending on your budget and what you buying. FOr boosting i found the zakk wylde one to be best (ignore what people says) it does whats its meant to, drive a marshal amp further. But maybe the maxon GT OD ( i think its called) or something like a tubescreamer

I find my ZW-44 makes to much noise and I'm actually looking into getting an OCD...its supposed to be one of the most transparent boosts on the market.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
why would you want to run an OD pedal through a microcube?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Yeah, the OCD will make your Microcube sound a little better now and will make that new tube amp sound fantastic when you get it. Go ahead and get it so you have a new toy to play with.
Gear:
70s Gibson ES-335
Fender MIM Strat
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Mesa Express 5:50
Fender NOS Blues Junior
Line 6 PodXT Live
Cubes dont accept pedals very well, and you wouldnt want to try to boost any of the distortion models, thats a no no. if you run it through the clean channel its just going to sound muddy.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
It'll be a complete waste of £100.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

Not once i get my amp tho rite?
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
Not once i get my amp tho rite?

Depends - you might not find you need it when you get the amp, and you'll also be £100 further away from getting the amp in the first place.

To me it's like buying a crash helmet before buying a motorbike.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well its hard to explain but my financial situation is such that i have this 100 now, and i most likely wont hif i try to save it for the amp. Plus i have an uncontrollable urge for a new piece of gear right now, i guess ive made up my mind.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
whats the point dude? you could buy a brand new 15 watt tube amp for that price.
Quote by Varkunus

I disagree, it can go from slightly dirty to full on, and has a HUGE amount of volume boost to drive the input gain more...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by steven seagull

I would agree. Put the money towards getting your amp, you'll get a bigger difference from that.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by PendulousThread
Well its hard to explain but my financial situation is such that i have this 100 now, and i most likely wont hif i try to save it for the amp. Plus i have an uncontrollable urge for a new piece of gear right now, i guess ive made up my mind.

Uneducated impulsive decisions ftw!

Seriously, I would just skip the pedal and use your SELF CONTROL. Keep saving for an amp.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Uneducated impulsive decisions ftw!

Seriously, I would just skip the pedal and use your SELF CONTROL. Keep saving for an amp.

yeah, definitely.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Alright then I'll save it ................ *sigh*
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by ugmung
Cubes dont accept pedals very well, and you wouldnt want to try to boost any of the distortion models, thats a no no. if you run it through the clean channel its just going to sound muddy.
true
I use the Bad Monkey with the Microcube classic stack setting to get the 80's metal tone, because the R-fier is too harsh for my taste.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS