I love my strat, but the vintage tremolo doesn't stay in tune very well, and has a pretty limited range. I am considering upgrading it in the future. I was wondering what tremolo would give me a good mix of stability, range, and ease of instalation(most important). I don't want to install a locking nut, unless there's an easy way to do it.
Aside from my vintage sync trem, the tremolos I know of and that I'm considering are:
Floyd Rose
Ibanez zr
Kahler(but what model?)
I think all three need locking nuts and are hard to install, but I don't know.
Aside from that, I've noticed gfs sells Wilkinson/gotoh trems, which are my 1st place options right now.
here they are:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/gowivitrpoar.html or this:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/wistsatrfial.html

If you know of any tremolo bridge that would fit a mim strat (mine has a 6 screw vintage in it right now), doesn't need a locking nut installed, has little to no drilling/modifying needed, and that would stay in tune well, your input is much apreciated.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
go for a super vee. it's $190, and is better than a floyd as it needs no new routing or the nut or trem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't know about installation or about fitting it on to a strat
but according to the vids the Floyd won for tuning stability and functionality
i can't really help I guess, those videos are really well done
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by oneblackened
go for a super vee. it's $190, and is better than a floyd as it needs no new routing or the nut or trem.

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Sweetest thing I've seen all day.
Quote by saltysnail
That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Sweetest thing I've seen all day.

OMG SIGGED
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
check the fender site.
Onedit: it's 9.5, like my squier.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at May 3, 2008,
i love my floyd rose, but if your installing a new tremolo, i would not by it. not only could do some serious damage to your guitar, but it cost you around 600 dollars. but they are great locking tremolo systems and i use mine every chance i get. best of luck to ya.