Ok i have figured out that i'm going to build a Monterey pop Stratocaster. I think they are the best looking guitars ever. I've always wanted a replica, but i didn't want to spend that much money. So im going to take my Stratocaster body, my 57 stratocaster loaded pickguard, and a deluxe players strat neck and build a replica of the Monterey. Im going to paint the body fiesta red and then use white spray paint and sray it on the top of the guitar and then fade towards the bottom like the real ones do. Then im going to take the guitar to an artist i know that will paint the artwork on the body and the pickguard. Then i will put some kind of gloss on the body and the pickguard so the paint doesn't rub off with age. Then im going to assemble the pickguard using a diagram. Then im going to put the neck on and all the hardware. Im going to use spertazl locking tuners, which i love! And then im going to paint something that means alot to me on the back. And we now have a monterey stratocaster with a little customizing! Does this idea sound good and do you guys have any tips or ideas you would like to share with me to make this guitar better? Ill post pics when im done. Thanks!!
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
anyone??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
+1 on the reverse bridge pickup. i dont know what pickups you have lined up for this, but you should think about GFS's reverse stagger strat pickups. they reversed the stagger of the pickups so that when you put them in a normal righty strat it gets the same sound jimi did by turn his righty over. according the website this gives a "slightly stronger "A" string and a slightly smoother "B" string- subtle but powerful." for the price i'd say its worth a try right?

it never occurred to me that the moneterey strat was fiesta red, but just now looking at pics its obvious that it is. i like it. sounds good man, post pics as you go to keep us updated.
white before red, the white will go a pinky and none vibrant kinda colour if you spray it over red, wheras a white base for the red will make the colour pop
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT