my gear includes a pod xt live pedal board
a marshall mg 100 hdfx cab
and an ibanez iceman guitar with custom seymor duncan pickups
im lookin for a john petrucci ish tone
i had a tone that i liked once, but lost it and am having alot of trouble figuring it out again
if anyone can help, ill love u forever
no joke
Um... before I say new amp and ditch the pod, i'm going to recommend an EQ pedal.
Well, I know nothing of the tone that you "liked" once, then lost. Can't help you there.

Anyways, new amp and ditch the POS. I mean pod.
I know it may sound alright to you, but I can't imagine any kind of digital technology going into an MG wound sound any good.

If you don't want to spend money, or bother getting rid of your old stuff... I say just keep tweaking your EQ and gain settings to see what sounds good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Try this, overdrive 2, gain full, bass 3, mid 10, treble 2, contour 0. Use your neck pickup. That's the best tone I've gotten out of a mg for lead.
New Amp
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by Geartrigger
Try this, overdrive 2, gain full, bass 3, mid 10, treble 2, contour 0. Use your neck pickup. That's the best tone I've gotten out of a mg for lead.

ill have to try that out when to folks arnt asleep.

as for gettin rid of my gear and gettin new stuff, i might if i could, but i just dont have the money for that. plus my stuff can get good tone, it just takes ALOT of tweaking lol